SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

White Vinyl Windows

8 years ago

Replacing 6 large double hung windows in a living room, country style with brick fireplace and natural finished wood.. including wood frame windows (30 yo Andersen) with pull of grids also finished natural wood.

Planning to replace windows with vinyl windows and can get with white outside with white outside in-glass grid, and wood-like vinyl inside with wood-like frame and in-glass grid. The windows are the 60/40 double hung.

The current design has the window sill and frame inside stained the same color as other wood work in the room, including cabinets.

One plan is to get a wood tone inside vinyl window to try to match as close as possible the wood in the room, including window sill and trim.

I am also considering installing the same windows with white both inside and out while living the sill and trim stained wood to match wood elsewhere in the room, and in adjoining rooms which connect through wide archways with broad wood work in the said stain color. I think the white window and grid showing inside will brighten up the room, and given there are country curtain window treatment covering most of the window inside trim across the top and sides of the window, the white window grid will be most of what shows and will look better than a dark wood tone grid because it will brighten up the window..

Does white window/grids with wood stain trim violate some "rule" of decorating? Maybe it is just "whatever you like"... okay but I have to sell someday.

From the street I see house after house (constructed in the last 20 years, many only 10 years old) with white outside window frames and white grids. Hard to believe all of these houses have other than white inside too.

Comments (8)