SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aa62579

Slightly Off-Topic - Triple Sheeting

aa62579
8 years ago

Do any of you use triple sheeting? It seems like every time I go and stay in a hotel that does this, I come back and think that I really ought to do it when the weather cools off a bit, but by that time, I forget.

What I mean by triple sheeting is where the bed is made up with a bottom sheet, then a flat sheet, then a blanket/coverlet/duvet/quilt, then another flat sheet on top. The top two flat sheets are pulled up higher than the blanket layer, then turned over, then all three layers are turned over again and then the whole mess is tucked in.

Since I have cats and a dog that sleep on my bed during the day, my top layer, be in comforter, blanket, quilt, etc, is washed just as often as I wash my sheets. Now, occasionally there is real reason (cat puke), but most of the time, it's just to remove the cat hair and dog odor. My thinking was that if I went to the triple sheet method, unless someone had puked on the bed, I could just wash the sheets, and save a bit of wear and tear on the blanket/quilt by washing it less frequently.

I have a few duvet covers and no matter what method I have used (and yes, I've watched many youtube videos), I still find it to be a pain getting them on and taking them off to wash. I think it's too hot still right now to add an additional layer to my bed, but since it's the first day of fall, surely we'll get out of the 90s soon. I guess if I do this, I just need to decide if I stay with my tradition of solid colors in anything BUT white, or if I go the opposite way and buy a few white sheets and see if I can handle what the pets throw at them.

Comments (33)