SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totem14

please help design my bathrooms...

totem14
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm building our first project home in Australia, a single story 5 bed & 3 baths

I'm totally in love with white shaker style cabinets & carrara marble in bathrooms, but of course my budget won't allow that, so I'm trying to compromise.

Being a project home (=expensive in Aust) I have to stick within a set budget for tile allowance, which has only given me a very limited choice within my desired style.

I've chosen...

* An imitation grey/white marble look floor tile for all 3 bathrooms

* A classic white subway tile (brickstack) to go around the back of the 2 bathtubs, and the back wall of all 3 showers

* A large white rectangle tile for the rest of the walls and skirting

* A small hexagonal marble look tile for the space between the vanities & under the mirror

This is the style I LOVE... taken from here on Houzz....

and this is what I'll have to work with...standard bathroom shown using basic white tiles & semi recessed white vanities

* If I can afford it I'll upgrade the vanities to white Caesarstone counters with square sinks & chrome handles on the cabinets, if not I'll leave them as standard semi recessed

Main bathroom - shower (900 x 1050mm), a bath, single vanity (1300mm) & toilet

Master bathroom - larger shower (900x 1200mm), bath, double vanity (1830mm) & toilet

Powder room - largest shower (900 x1370mm), sml vanity (600mm) & toilet

Wall paint colour....a neutral grey

Now I need HELP!!! I can't seem to make up my mind ...

1. I want all 3 bathrooms in a classic white/marble look style, but should I do all 3 exactly the same tile layout or differently?

2. Would it look good to run the marble look floor tile up the face of the bath as well or would it be overkill?? if good, should I do it on both bathrooms, or just one for impact (master??) If not good, would I use the large wall rectangle tile on the bath fronts or subway tile?

3. If I did this, should I put the subway tile or the marble floor tile around the top ledges running around the bath?

Please...Please...PLEASE....give me some ideas on the best way to make these bathrooms look custom & gorgeous! :)

Comments (8)