SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julierharrell

Looking for opinions on these appliances Thermador & Bosch

Julie Harrell
8 years ago

I have been digging around here for the last couple days, but haven't found any information regarding these specific items. I am finalizing my order tomorrow and would love any input.

The brands available in our area are Wolf & Subzero, Viking (which the sales lady said she's didn't want to show unless I specifically asked to see based on the service issues along with customer service provided lately), Thermador, Dacor, DCS, and GE Monogram. We have no access to BS and CC.

I was wandering around the store yesterday waiting for my husband to arrive when I stumbled onto the Bosch side swing door double ovens. I fell hard for that feature.

I don't do a lot of baking. I do some roasting during winter. Otherwise, my oven is mostly used for cooking pizza or roasts once in a while. I grill most of our meats.

I cook on my stove on a daily basis. Anything from risotto to stews to saute. I have cooked on induction the past few years after replaced the electric cooktop my house came with. I spent my first thirty years cooking on gas. That said, I love my induction stove. Absolutely love it for the most part. I still want to put in a beautiful gas range in my new kitchen. I read a perfect analogy last night in a post that equated induction cooking to driving an automatic vehicle while cooking on gas is more like driving a stick shift. I love the ease of an automatic, but I still love driving a stick. So gas it is.

Here are the items we have either selected or are considering for our kitchen remodel.

36" Thermador Professional Series 6 burner rangetop PCG366G

Hood - undecided - would love any opinions or suggestions for a hood.

Thermador 24" Microwave drawer MD24JS (for my island)

Thermador Fresh Food Built in refridgerator column T30IR800SP

Thermador Built in freezer column with ice & water T18ID800LP

Most likely a Thermador dishwasher (next upgrade from the free model that comes with the package). Bosch is an option as well.

30" Thermador Masterpiece double oven MED302JP

30" Bosch Benchmark swing door double oven HBLP651LUC

I am mostly torn over the ovens. I am mesmerized by the Bosch swing door oven. I am 5'1". I have multiple burn scars on my arm from trying to reach into the oven from the side. It's a far reach for me to come from the front. It doesn't help that I'm naturally clumsy. That said, I prefer everything else about the Thermador other than the doors. The only review I was able to find on the Bosch was the heat vents out of the right front side after the convection is turned off. I do not care for this. But then again, I love the idea of a swing door. Decisions decisions.

Do any of you have any experience with any of these models above? Thank you for any input.

Comments (13)