SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgect

Show your Laundry Setup & Additives (PICTURES)

georgect
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This should be fun and interesting.

Show your washer and dryer set up and your additives (detergents, softeners, boosters etc.)

What you can't see in my photos is a baking soda, borax and bleach.

Comments (192)

• sandy1616
    8 years ago

Good thread timing! About to redo the main floor laundry room and trying to decide if we should put both w/d sets in the same room. Many good ideas here :)

georgect thanked sandy1616
  • sandy1616
    8 years ago

Here is my combined stash from upstairs and downstairs laundry rooms

georgect thanked sandy1616
  • Related Discussions

Show off your favorite pictures of your collections...

Q

Comments (79)
    No rot at all - perhaps it's just because none of the water actually comes in contact with the plants? It's very low maintenance and has made for some nice growth. Whenever any of them start to look a little dehydrated, I just put the top on for a few days to really kick up the humidity, and things just seem to do well. Looking forward to trying some other stuff the same way. Have one jade I'm trying to do as root-over-rock in the same way; appears to be working well so far.
    ...See More

show me your attractive freestanding range setup!

Q

Comments (13)
    My sister has the freestanding Whirlpool double-oven, and loves it. Pictures in link. It is very affordable and cooks like a dream, she says. (She and her husband are true gourmet chefs and very picky about cooking gear.) That said, I think the new Bosch slide in is the bomb, and for not a lot more money. But you will give up one oven to have it over the Whirlpool. I went with a 30 inch Bosch induction cooktop and an Electrolux oven and warming drawer combo. I wanted an extra oven but did not have the space, so at the excellent recommendation of people here, I supplemented with a Breville countertop oven, and could not be more pleased. Good luck with your selection. Here is a link that might be useful: Whirlpool induction range with double ovens.
    ...See More

Dog Grooming/Bathing Station, show me your pictures, please

Q

Comments (10)
    My local self-service dog wash place has the exact same grooming tubs as the one in dekoboe's picture, except that theirs have a long 3 piece pull out ramp for big dogs that tucks away into a slot below the door. I would assume it's a standard option. Unfortunately my 70lb guy won't use the ramp to get in, so I have to pick him up, but I do pull it out for getting out since he's not supposed to jump off things any more. He's 13 and it was getting too hard on him to bathe him in the bathtub so we've started going to the dogwash.
    ...See More

my dryer died

Q

Comments (30)
    Roc, I guess I'll have 2 queenies. I showed my son the pic..he had a royal fit omg you should have heard him rambling on about what if his dad would have laid on a nail..(we just ripped a wood patio out of the spot where he laid.) Lmao.
    ...See More
  • cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

Here is my laundry room. I have quite a lot of children, so many thousands of loads of laundry have been done here. On the left, beside the chest freezer, there is a very large, deep "D" shaped sink. When the counters were made 10 or so years ago, I asked the Corian fabricator to make a cover or lid for the sink, so most of the time, it's a folding counter. You can see the edges of that very cool cover in the picture. Next to that sink cabinet, underneath the folding counter is a Fridgidaire "Beverage Center" mini-fridge that holds about half what my side by side kitchen fridge holds, very compact. It's out of view here. My beloved washer and dryer are about 25 years old.... Whirlpool Golds, my faithful machines that rarely let me down.

The second picture shows my laundry products which remain on my dryer. I bought a cheap placemat at Walmart and decided that I could only buy what would fit on the mat. When I previously stored products in the cupboards above the machines, it became a hoard and even worse, things fell out of the cabinet (and God forbid that something should dent my machines) so I had to find a better way to manage things. Less is more in my little laundry room. I smile every time I go in. I love it!

: )

georgect thanked cupofkindnessgw
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Very nice...would love a pic of the washer and dryers console.

georgect thanked mamapinky0
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

And where did you get that adorable measuring cup on top of the oxi .

• elcamino83
    8 years ago

I love the sink cover. How ingenious! I am getting my new sink and countertop installed in the next few days (so they say)...how I wish I had thought of that.

georgect thanked elcamino83
  • aa62579
    8 years ago

Yay, another Whirlpool dryer with a hamper style door!

georgect thanked aa62579
  • cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

Thank you, MP! Here's a picture of my adorable washer:

Here's the set, and yes a hamper style door, aa62579! Due to a bulky dryer vent hose or something, I cannot push back the dryer so we don't have a stream-lined look going here.... clunky with yellowing plastic, just plain old.

Here's a look at the cabinets above the washer. I formerly needed a "falling objects" sign to warn people about the contents. Just recently I discovered that Target bins fit practically perfectly inside, which corrals the little bottles of stuff and the metal cans which were threatening my washer. And I forgot one of my laundry products, hairspray (in this case, Pantene). I don't keep it on the dryer since it would either explode or break-down due to the heat. I use hairspray on ink a few times a year..... plus it's always available for backup if we run out in the bathroom. Is there something better for ink? I'd love to know what that product might be. Thank you. We use bleach mainly to sanitize hard-surface things. I appreciated the advice on this forum about the clorine content of bleach itself and now only buy the 8.25% type, though I love the scented products too. I found this bleach at Lowes yesterday, in fact.

MP, the measuring cup is an Oxo that I found at Bed Bath and Beyond. I dose carefully because we are on a tight budget. The little measuring cup helps.

El Camino, here is the sink cover. The curved beveled inside edge seats it securely in the sink:

I asked my fabricator for this after he gave me the huge 22" by 34" remnent from the cooktop location. By then, the counters were installed. I wondered to do with this slab of Corian. They already made a cutting board out of the sink cutout, how many Corian cutting boards does anyone need? And you can stash things in a covered sink if you have uninvited company at the door, though I would turn off the water before using it for long-term storage. : )

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

THank you for posting your machines pics..they are beautiful..yes folks to me they are stunning, but you know my taste in washers lol...I have to get to BBB soon I love that measuring cup. .I have a thing for them lol. On my hunts for detergent I often check out measuring cups lmao

• tideman_59
    8 years ago

Cup of kindness: whatever you do, keep those Whirlpool beauties running for as long as possible. Whatever you replace them with you will be sorely disappointed. If they break down have them fixed! I know a lot of people that would love to get their hands on them.

georgect thanked tideman_59
  • cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

Me too! I enjoy tweaking things so that everything works. Oxi White Revive changed their measuring cup recently, it's sturdier, which is good. I use the Oxo measuring cup however. Its great for measuring multi-tablespoon quanitites. Useful in the kitchen too, I have a separate one for cooking. By the way, use a BBB 20% off coupon if you have one, on the Oxo cup, it costs $4.99! Thanks!

• cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

Tideman:

You are absolutely right! We have repaired and replaced many components on our Whirlpools, mainly the washer. So easy to fix! They are worth their weight in gold. Thank you!

• KittyCat601
    8 years ago

Cup of Kindness - You are super lucky to have that washer and dryer!! Congrats!

georgect thanked KittyCat601
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

YEp washers from those days required only a few tools, easily fixed. I would love that set of machines Garden..very kool .

• cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

So true, MP, so true! When you take the housing off of the washer, there is practically nothing there except the tub and the motor. We buy spare parts, however, they are no longer being made so we keep our fingers crossed and now save old parts.

• cupofkindnessgw
    8 years ago

Thanks so much, KittyCat! What a great reminder to count my blessings!

• mustangs81
    8 years ago

I would love a sink cover like yours, but then I would have to have a sink in the LR. Pouting...not fair :(

georgect thanked mustangs81
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Mustang..I also would love a sink in the laundry room. Which will never happen, unless its barbie doll sized.

• tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    8 years ago

These are my machines and a small stash of laundry detergents I own.

georgect thanked tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

THank you for sharing..very pretty...and that Sears bucket must be pretty old, I wish Sears still used buckets

• tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    8 years ago

Thanks mama. The Sears bucket is at least 10 years old. I forgot to mention that the white powder in a bag on the floor next to the Clorox 2 powder is STPP.

• rococogurl
    8 years ago

Love those red machines @tweetybaby. Laundry par-tay.

georgect thanked rococogurl
  • tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    8 years ago

Rococogurl, I didn't like the color at first (it was my husband's idea) but the red grew on me over time.

• doreycrouse
    8 years ago

I spy Tide Lavender and Coldwater powders!!!!

georgect thanked doreycrouse
  • Joel H.
    8 years ago

This is my daily driver...

georgect thanked Joel H.
  • Joel H.
    8 years ago

Laundry area

Sorters...

Detergent collection...

Washer and dryer collection....

georgect thanked Joel H.
  • enduring
    8 years ago

I like how you can't get to the one with the turquoise agitator sitting on it, lol.

georgect thanked enduring
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Joel, very impressive, I'm lovin it.

• Alex Chicago
    8 years ago

Joel, do you have two Miele machines? :) And are they both 240v?

georgect thanked Alex Chicago
  • Joel H.
    8 years ago

I can only keep two washers hooked up at one time. The rest stay in storage until I feel like I want to play with a new washer for a while. The one with the turquoise agitator is a dryer, and will not run on the Miele dual plug thing that I have in the laundry room. So, it is just sits and looks pretty. Occasionally I switch it out, so I can have the matching washer and dryer with the lights. :) I typically keep the Miele all the time, and switch out the others. The Miele washer and dryer in the last pic both need to be worked on a bit, and I need to make the time to do it...Craigslist find for 150 bucks. Thanks guys, I love seeing everyone else's laundry stuff!

georgect thanked Joel H.
  • Joel H.
    8 years ago

Alex, yes I have two Miele washers. And yes they are both 220v. The 1966 is my daily driver...about 10 years old, and never gives me as much as a hiccup out of it. The other Miele's were a Craigslist find, and just need a little TLC. They both work, but need belts and such repaired.

georgect thanked Joel H.
  • sparky823
    8 years ago

Joel: Is your Kenmore a Calypso or Catalyst model?

georgect thanked sparky823
  • Alex Chicago
    8 years ago

Awesome machines, Joel! Thanks for the explanation.

georgect thanked Alex Chicago
  • Joel H.
    8 years ago

Sparky, it is a Calypso.

georgect thanked Joel H.
  • Epialthes
    8 years ago

georgect thanked Epialthes
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

NICE!!!!! Is all that sitting on a window ledge?

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I've been meaning to take pictures of my laundry setup and now when we finally get some sun and light again I arranged my stuff for family pictures.

I've had my washer for 6-7 years now and haven't had any issues yet which is a bit surprising since it only cost 350 euros on sale. I don't have a dryer so I line dry everything.

Powder detergents and additives, it's missing the Ariel for whites which I have in a glass jar.

Liquid detergents. The Ariel has only one wash left in it. Grumme is from Sweden and Lumme is the Finnish sister.

Pods. Bought the Rainbow color ones the other day and noticed they are the same as Formil ones. I hate the scent so that's unfortunate, lol. Unilever's Omo hasn't gotten on the pod train here but they have in Sweden where the Via pods are from. The scent is different at least in the Via pods than in our Omo liquid which was a surprise.

Softeners, finished the Lenor Gold Orchid yesterday.

It will take me probably 10 years to have finished these. It's probably good we don't get new stuff too often except for new softener scents which are usually disappointing. Noticed new Comfort tuberose and vanilla flower softener yesterday. Unfortunately it didn't smell like vanilla, instead it was very flowery which I don't like.

I'm always looking for new scents which is why I have so much stuff. I also have multiple dishwashing liquids and cleaning sprays etc. though I'm not as crazy with those, lol.

georgect thanked User
  • tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    8 years ago

Ezela, I'm drooling just looking at that collection of yours. Awesome pics!!

• upwa
    8 years ago

Since I have been lurking on here for some time I figure I might as well show you guys the effects of reading this forum. You have got me buying so many detergents it is crazy! I sneak them into the house now :o

I had to take the photo in my room so the rest of my family does not think I am a nut-case :) Not pictured is stuff that has already been used up - All stainlifter pods, All Small and Mighty, snuggle softener (blue sparkle and the blue iris and sandalwood or whatever it's called), bounce free and clear dryer sheets, snuggle blue sparkle dryer sheets (hate these with a passion), Downy sun blossom (OK), Downy April Fresh (another hate), and Arm and Hammer liquid.

This is my washing machine and dryer, they are stacked otherwise the doors open towards each other and are very much in the way. I don't care much for the stack but it's better than the alternative. I quite like the washer, it has a built in water heater so I'm happy! I'm used to doing laundry in the UK where all machines heat the water, and I probably could not live without that feature!

georgect thanked upwa
  • enduring
    7 years ago

Bump, for Hunzi.

I also thought that this post might have Linus2003's laundry but it doesn't.

• Jeffrey Caban
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Here are my 2009 Bosch Nexxt 300 Washer and Dryer. They have performed flawless over the last 8 years not once requiring any service/repairs.

georgect thanked Jeffrey Caban
  • Jeffrey Caban
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Here they are with my "go-to" cleaning supplies. Between these there is not a stain/smell I cannot conquer! :)

• mamapinky0
    7 years ago

NICE!!!

What's in the bucket? I can't read it on my phone with these old eyes

• enduring
    7 years ago

Boy, Jeffrey, that set is style-n'. I love that burnt orange color. Thanks for sharing your set. I didn't know anything came in a two tone.

• Jeffrey Caban
    7 years ago

Mama, It's Bubble Bandit. The phosphate seems to clean real well with my kids laundry.

Jeff

• Jeffrey Caban
    7 years ago

Enduring, It's actually Red in color but the light coming in from the window makes it look Orange. I'll take a pic from another angle.

• linus2003
    7 years ago

Jeffrey: nice setup, got those machines to but in white and mines from 2008

heres the washer, not used that much more than for big loads as I got 2 eurosize washer, it sometimes has a hard time to balance before spinn and my detergent compartment gets hardwater buildup so I have 2 sets and switch them out about 6-12 months.

My dryser has had its computerboard replaced, cost 1/2 of what the dryer cost new but these machine size cant be found in Sweden any more.

georgect thanked linus2003
  • Jeffrey Caban
    7 years ago

linus,

Very nice units.

Jeff

• enduring
    7 years ago

Linus has the nicest laundry room ever.

• georgect
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Dadoes I always forget what type of washer you use on a regular basis.

I know you work on different machines but what do you use?

Pictures would be cool to see here.

MamaP...can you add your Maytag here too?

Has anyone else updated their machines since I started this thread?

Please post some updated photos.