SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

Some photos of rrd and a little story

Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

So I'm trying to calm down here. Have not seen rrd here for many years here until this 2015. I pass this Flower Carpet Pink Supreme probably 15 times a day. This is how long a rose can be infected before showing actual recognizable symptoms. For any one interested I'll explain.

I've been watching this cane for a least 2 weeks now. Like I said I pass by it constantly as it's on my way to my compost pile. It stared to form it's buds about two weeks ago. Then development stopped. It looked slightly different than it always does. But as days passed I began to think to think perhaps it had been damaged as it gets hit a lot when walking past it. The other canes had already caught up with it and were blooming correctly. Made a note to trim the end off. Everything still looked prefect but the buds clearly were not developing. Then this morning bang super growth allover the tip. This was not there yesterday.

I'll never wait this long again. When something is not going the way it should. It's getting cut off much sooner. It's just not worth it. Don't know how long it takes mite babies to mature but this as had at least 2 weeks for sure too spread this god awful disease.

Really have to watch where that curser is all the pics are suppose to be at the bottom.

I simply can barely believe that non of this was there yesterday and I know it was not. I had that cane in my hand looking at it. Arrgh Also notice there is no hyper thorniness.

Comments (4)