SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

How many fathers out there? A little story...

foodonastump
13 years ago

I know us guys are in the minority here, and I'm thinking that of us, those with children are an even rarer breed?

As I've mentioned in passing before I've been frustrated that my daughter who turned three this month has shown absolutely no interest in potty training. As two working parents, we know we should be trying harder but you know, there's a lot to get done on weekends.

Yesterday we went to an orientation at a really nice camp that my son will be going to this summer. It was the first time my wife saw the facility and once she saw it she started feeling badly that our daughter wouldn't be going there, too. So I asked if there are openings in her age group, but had to come back with the sad news that only potty trained kids can go to camp.

Five minutes later my daughter announced that she had to go potty. And she did. Since then, she's had exactly one slight accident which she promptly reported and finished up on the potty. Every time she goes potty she says, "I'm a big girl, I can go to camp!" She woke me up early this morning, was DRY, and asked to go potty! 8:15 and she's already gone three times.

Whether she stays on track with her training or not, my daughter has given me the best Fathers' Day gift ever: Something to make me reflect on how proud I am of these children with which I've been blessed.

Happy Fathers' Day, "all" you dads out there.

{{gwi:1524951}}

Comments (21)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH