SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zapruder75

Father needs help, stepmom wants kids to move out

zapruder75
17 years ago

I need advice.

I am a 31 yr old father of two boys (8,6) Ive been divorced from thier mother since 2002, at which time they lived mostly with her. In 2004, they boys came to live with me after their mother went on a drug binge and suicide attempt. At almost the same time I remarried a wonderful woman who moved to my city to marry me. A new court order gave me physical custody and joint legal custody, and the boys have lived with me since.

My current wife has taken over every responsibility and gets along very well with my sons. Over the past two years, she has become increasingly bitter and resentful of her situation, thinking that she isnt getting what she bargained for wheh agreeing to get married (before I had custody). She feels as if she has given up everything for my kids and hasnt had a marriage of her own.

The situation has gotten worse since last december when she had a miscarriage on our first attempt to have kids of our own. Now the boys mother, who has contributed zero financially over the past two years, is pregnant and single. This has added to my wife's depression.

We have arranged for the boys mother to have them three weekends a month, but my wife wants them to move full time to live with their mother. I feel like we provide a better lifestyle for them and dont want them raised by an essentially trailer trash woman. We fight about this constantly, my wife accusing me of not living up to our marriage commitments. I feel like I need to do whats best for my kids, but dont want to lose my wife which is where it seems like this is headed.

Should I move the kids out, or move myself and the kids out?? Help

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!