SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Pictures for Phil....others can look also!

Hello Phil, here's the pic of the seed grown DR that I spoke of, the one with the heavy branching. It has only ever had the growing point nipped out once, since then it branched like crazy, I really like it's shape...just need a flower, or two! The pic doesn't really do it justice though, but you get the idea. It looks really good when dormant too.

These are the siblings of the one above...

The one below has 6 flower clusters and I hope they don't drop off as they have done in the two previous years. I guess they are just the common pink types, but I don't mind. So far so good, the buds are slowly getting longer.

They have never grown so well as this year as they thankfully have had no spider mites to deal with but they have been badly attacked in almost every other season. They may not be as big as plants of a similar age grown by our overseas friends in their warmer climates mainly due to our fickle UK weather and our very short growing season. As a result of which these have been grown rather hard and have almost Bonsai'd themselves! I can cope with that as I prefer their manageable size compared to the more unwieldy tall, lanky stemmed ones. This has been the first year I've not got round to re-potting them and I usually raise them up slightly when I refresh the mix each spring but I've had a lot going on I my life in 2015 : ((

Gill UK

Comments (13)