SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Pros and cons: vent cap designs for dryers, bath fans, etc

ontariomom
8 years ago

Hi,

It is amazing when you are building a house what you have to research. I have been reading all I can on what style of exterior vent caps would last well and function well too. We have not had success with the cheap plastic flap style ones in past homes. We are thinking of some sort of galvinized hood style cap for the stove vent. We may do a metal flush cap for the bath fans. If the caps are made out of galvinized steel we will paint them to match our siding. There seems to be several good options for the best dryer exterior vent caps -- not sure which design to choose.

Do you have any advice or experience using any of the following styles of vent caps for dryers? Do you have any opinions on choosing quality vent caps for any other vent application (stove vents, bath vents, HVAC exhaust or intact vents?)

Here are some brands and links to the products we are considering for the dryer vent. The third link below shows vent cap from Luxury Metals would be what we are considering for the stove vent. The last link shows what we are considering for the bath vents and perhaps the two HVAC (exhaust and intake) vents.

I would appreciate any opinions on any of these vents caps or any others we have not considered. Our priority is to choose quality vent caps that function well for the various applications (bath, dryer, stove, HVAC), keep out critters, and keep cold outside too (we are in Canada). Thanks in advance.

Carol

dryer wall vent

SpinnerVent

luxury metals dryer vent

Heartsland dryer vent

Flush mount vents Luxury Metals

Comments (6)