SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkhall

Final decisions, floor plan help pls (Bevangel, Summerfield, etc!

kirkhall
11 years ago

Hi All,

Some of you recognize this space from an old post... I've met with the plumber and fully understand my plumbing limitations...

So, now, I am working on the final draft of the floorplan. I plan to meet up with the contractor and send it out for design/engineering in the next 2 weeks.

Can you all help me with these 6 things (numbered on the picture)?

1. I have 11 x 11 feet of space to fit 2 bathrooms in.

I think I prefer to have the kids bath enter closer to their bedroom doors/further from mine. What do you think (right or left option?)

2. Which master toilet/shower layout do you think fits better? the one I've drawn on the left probably fits better, but I miss that you can't see the master shower (which will be tiled) as a focal point, and instead get a toilet... but, turning the space makes it maybe not quite fit as well (alternate on right)?

3. If the kids' bath has to be in this general layout (ie, shower/toilet UP, and sinks down instead of layout on left), would you rotate the tub/toilet 90* or have it be like this? If rotated, I could choose a pocket door bathroom entry, as well as a pocket door toilet room entry. I don't really figure they should need to close the main door to the bathroom that often, so wonder if a pocket door would be a better choice?

4. I have no idea what to do in this general bubbled area. The rooflines meet here, and to some extent, what the engineer says is what will have to go. But, if anything could be done, what would you recommend? (esp with regard to square or angled walls, shallow or 45* angles, etc).

5. the master closet could be this odd shape and "HUGE" by our definition (my spouse says it is too big). Or, we could square it out at 6x8' and have the corner where the door swings into be "open" to the room and put a small window on that East wall... Maybe a desk area? Or would you keep it closet area (maybe with the window?) so the door has a resting point?

6. master windows! Please help. This is definitely where I need an expert. We hope to have a king or cal king bed, most likely on the south wall. However, my spouse would maybe one day like to put a deck out that wall; so being able to convert a window into a door might be nice. What would you suggest?

Flanking windows on the S (14') wall and egress double window on the West wall (13')? OR flanking windows on West wall and double windows on South wall (maybe someday being french doors to outside?) Is 13' wide enough to have all that door traffic on the sides of the bed (bed would be on 13' wall in this example).

Thanks in advance!

From GWfloorplans

Comments (45)