SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess1979_gw17

Please help with layout and how to make kitchen bigger

jess1979
8 years ago

We want to get new cabinets, change layout and if possible make the kitchen larger. We would like to have an island. What is there now curves and we would like to have it straight so 4 people can sit at it at a time. It is also in a walkway now and close to the dinette area.

There are upper wall cabinets I forgot to put them on the drawing. There is a small wall right next to the refrigerator that we can remove. We were thing about extending the kitchen on the wall with the refrigerator but we are not sure how that would look. We will be taking the large bar out that is in the corner. We thought also about instead of having a dinette area having cabinets on the wall next to the windows by the pool then not extending down past the refrigerator. But under those windows we would not have anything. The windows are low so a counter can not fit under them. I am not at the house so I can't measure them. But we don't know how that would look either.

Can you PLEASE help me with a better layout and if you have any ideas on how to make the kitchen larger. We are open to all ideas. The pantry that is there now is not make out of cabinets. The pantry has a door on it. So if we need to take the pantry out we can. We would like more counter space.

We would like a kitchen that we have counter space for cooking and entertaining. Thank you for all your help. I am attaching a layout of the kitchen and part of the house. The house is very open. There is a sink at the bar we will be removing. We think this could become the dining room. Thank you for your help.

Comments (7)