SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkliveng

Mudroom/Pantry/Entry Help!

jkliveng
8 years ago

Hey folks - I posted my kitchen plan in the kitchen forum and have received some awesome feedback. It's been hard to plan for a future family, and between their comments and old threads I have read, I am learning a lot.

Backstory, 15 acres, new custom build, planning on starting a family soon and want it on the large side. Lots of cooking, hunting, gardening, dogs, sports, who knows what else will come after kids.

The conversation currently is whether or not entry will be into the kitchen or back into the foyer, or both. I am having a hard time giving up space for another foyer entry but do understand sending traffic through the kitchen can create a problem. With that being said, I am open to both ideas, however would like to be in a good place with the mudroom side of things before moving into the kitchen. This is coming from someone who often has a chainsaw and muddy boots in her town house foyer.

Within this space, I need a mudroom, pantry, half bath, guest closet, and would like a small linen closet. What I want to include in the areas will come down to space obv, sink, folding station, dog rinse, cubbies, etc. Windows on the bottom end can be moved only slightly if needed. They are 36 inches and 3'6" and 10"6 from the outside walls.

Below is what I started with and what has been suggested since. Also below is the empty space. The right side door leads outside, but not to a connected garage.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for me to think about or work on. I would love to hear more about what others do or do not like about their side/garage entry.

Thanks, J

Original

Suggestion by Buehl

Suggestion by houserookie

By funkycamper

another i put together - #s are width, fell off on this because kitchen depends on entry.

-

Lastly, the space empty. I think I finally got the grid to be of scale, 1x1 ft with 6x6 inch squares inside. Kitchen can mostly be disregarded, will all depend on entry.

Comments (13)