SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateskouros

please help with mudroom pantry space

kateskouros
14 years ago

hello! we're getting ready for our kitchen install scheduled for may 14. in the meantime i'm rethinking my pantry space. the kitchen is very large and i have more than enough space allotted for food storage. even so, i do plan to take advantage of a space in the adjoining mudroom which we can utilize for even more storage (paper goods, canned goods, cleaning supplies ...and a cat door).

within the mudroom will be a run of cubbies (approx 96"), a closet containing secondary stacked washer/dryer and the space for "pantry" area.

mudroom is located between dining room and garage, right below kitchen/breakfast nook and powder room. this is a VERY early rendering so it's not marked (sorry). the space measures roughly 12x12.

below is a drawing of what i was initially envisioning: counter space with tall storage on both ends (food, paper goods, cleaning supplies including tall items) with additional top storage for extras. i'm wondering if i'm really making the most of this area ...whether i actually "need" counter space in here ( i *think* i do) or whether i should maybe scale down and just SIMPLIFY and maybe do doors and LOTS of shelving? what do you think? how would you design this space? please let me know if i've left out any important info. i feel rushed lately ...and very forgetful giving all the details i need to take care of, so please tell me if i've left anything out! thanks so much for any help. i can't believe i'm finally at a point where i need to make quick decisions!

floor plan: sorry, don't have just the mudroom. this is a very early rendering so it's not marked. mudroom is sandwiched between dining room and garage (bottom, right side). the cubbies are located on the LEFT side of mudroom, pantry space is located directly opposite, on right closest to garage. again, drawing is an earlier version. things have been moved around but the measurements are as i've posted.

{{gwi:1492312}}

pic of the space, approx 80" of space, 24" depth:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)