SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Anyone have experience with hybrid-tankless water heaters?

uscpsycho
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm considering replacing my gas tank heater with a tankless. But because of all the possible problems traditional tankless units have I'm not so interested in those. However, there is a new hybrid-tankless water heater that uses a small storage tank to overcome the problems associated with traditional tankless units.

However, finding good info about these hybrid heaters is difficult. Most of my Google searches result in info that is provided by plumbers and manufacturers websites -- so it's biased. Does anyone have first hand experience with this new generation of tankless? How does it compare with a tank type heater? What are pros/cons? And would you buy it again?

Note that there are also hybrid water tank heaters which are a combo gas & electric tank type heater and that is NOT what I'm looking for information on.

Also, I'm in California and have been conscientious about saving water since long before the draught. So things like how long you have to run the faucet to get hot water are very important to me. So is compatibility with today's water efficient appliances like washing machines and dishwashers which I understand use water so sparingly that they often fail to trigger traditional tankless water heaters.

Much thanks to anyone that can help.

Comments (8)