SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tculkova

Help: My Adenium has sticky rosettes and refuses to grow

Amnaa (7b)
8 years ago

Hi everybody. I've been wondering if someone encountered the same thing as I did. For a year now, I've been battling a thing that's trying to destroy my Adenium. From what I've found around the web, it might by some microscopic aphids but no cure seems to help.

His rosettes are stuck together by some crystal-like goo, that varies from colorless to white or brownish. It usually clicks when you pull the leaves apart as the bad stuff gets unstuck. I never saw any aphids or different creatures marching on his leaves nor saw anything like bitemarks. The leaves that survive my destructive goo picking seem to do pretty fine, they only stay quite small. I usually use a toothpick to break the crystals away. The plant does fine for some time then, but the problems always return.

I tried to spray him with rubbing alcohol, tobacco and/or coffee "tea" and I had showered him to wash the pest away. He's in a well ventilated area with normal humidity and receives a good amount of sun.

I guess the last thing that remains is to tear away all his leaves and cut the rosettes... I so don't want to do that. Can anybody give me some advice?

Thank you.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths