SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnbsnjd57

Hey guys.. I'm freaking out about how "tinner" (hvac) guys ran duct

Eric
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

So, I'm stressed out about this whole thing (as some of you are most likely aware).... So... On to this most recent surprise. The HVAC guys ran 3,25x12 rectangular ducting up my wall and to my roof. Great, took a few hours and it was done... not so great... no transition piece. They want me to use a rotozip and cut a hole for the blower and put it in the side face of the ducting... like.. seriously.. I don't feel like it's a good idea, but I have multiple issues: 1) the outlet is 6" and they ran 7" equivalent rectangular duct... so me fabricating something to work is less likely 2) I really need a rear exhaust, but this range hood only allows round out the back and a "boot" would be too long to work 3) I feel like the flat bottom below the access point will be a grease trap... he states it won't be, but... but..

Can someone chime in with some ideas.... Ripping it out is NOT optimal... round is NOT an option... I even went through all of this with him and it's like he didn't even pay attention.. If it has to be redone I'll have to just hire someone else because he won't do any of the things I requested.. I got the "that's how it's always done".... even after I said "but this is the way it should be done". yadda yadda, "not enough room" "no way to do that", etc.

Am I worrying about a non-issue, blowing this out of proportion? I could really use some kind suggestions right now.

Comments (6)