SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawchicago

What works for your health and your roses' health?

strawchicago z5
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

What worked best for my roses for 3 years was mulching with horse manure, it was an excellent buffer since the stable limed the manure. They used "shell lime", which is a stable & slow-released type of calcium, and does not raise pH fast like quick lime, or the calcium hydroxide added to tap water. Below is my Firefighter rose when it was mulched with horse manure and alfalfa meal. Horse manure pH is over 8, which neutralized the acidic alfalfa meal.

Jim in rainy zone 6, posted pic. of super-healthy Thomas Affleck recently this July, which he mulched with horse manure and garden lime in spring ... would love to know how other folks keep their roses healthy, and yourself healthy?

What works for my health this year is taking Kelp tablet. It really makes a big difference in energy level. Brewer's yeast works too, but it's a hassle to mix with milk & honey, plus the extra calories. Both I and my kid are hypothyroid, so I researched a lot of Kelp. Lots of people reported losing weight & better sleep & lowering of lipid-profile by taking Kelp. I tested Kelp on a tomato plant and noticed immediate green-up and vigor in health. NOW Kelp tablets is sold cheap at Health food store, that's what I'm taking for myself ... it works better than caffeine, without the tense & jittery effects.

Here's an Amazon review on Norwegian Kelp: "By Chris Miller on January 26, 2014: .... found out about the importance of iodine when it comes to thyroid health. I decided to find the best source, and this seemed to be it. I took these kelp pills once a day for 6 months, along with 500mg Niacin (for cholesterol). I then got my bloodwork done again, and my TSH dropped from 6.8 to 4.8. Triglycerides dropped from 224 to 109. To make this test fair, I didn't change my diet or exercise routine during this time. The only difference was the addition of these 2 supplements."

http://www.amazon.com/Country-Life-Norwegian-Kelp-300-Count/dp/B000ELVUCC/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/180-3258193-8004869?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County