SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Another round of help me pick a coffee table

smalloldhouse_gw
8 years ago

Gardenwebbers helped me in starting to reconfigure my small family room over the winter; we replaced a corner sectional that had seen better days with 2 sofas and removing a fake fireplace. It's been a huge improvement, but I've been putting off replacing the coffee table because I've had trouble finding one that I like and can afford.

Here's a photo - try to disregard that we hadn't yet installed a new light fixture or disposed of some extraneous wing chairs. There's a TV that sits on the wall not shown in this photo, and doors on both longer walls (one exterior; the other leads to our dining room.)

My basic dilemma is that I want something light in color but incredibly durable (massive quantities of legos will be assembled on whatever table we choose, and kids will spill snacks.)

I have a couple of contenders now and wondered if anyone had any feedback. The round one is from PB, and in person the finish seems perfect (it's not paint, so less likely to scratch etc.) But does a round coffee table work in a long skinny room?

The other one seems to be priced really well on Joss & Main (https://www.jossandmain.com/With-Timeworn-Elegance-Hampton-Coffee-Table~ATF2051~E20180.html). The collection gets great reviews elsewhere and it's heavy enough that it should be pretty solid. But I get nervous about buying furniture without a first-hand test run.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (12)