SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

House is sold; what to leave behind for buyers?

DYH
8 years ago

My house sold in under 30 days! Due diligence has ended and the closing is in three weeks. What should I leave behind?

cans of paint used in the house?

blueprints (I had the house built)?

anything else about the house construction? (I have good documentation on all the fixtures, cabinets, granite, tile, trim carpenters, etc.)

extra supplies for pool?

I'll leave manuals for the pool, water feature, appliances, HVAC, etc.

I have a lot of moveable garden objects and furniture (metal garden benches, teak furniture, concrete objects and benches). The buyers didn't request anything in the offer, but do you think when it's all gone they'll get upset? How to clarify that those garden items are personal property since they're not attached?

Gardens change and it's time to collect seeds from spring annuals and then pull them out by the roots; cut some perennials to the ground. Regular garden maintenance because annuals gone to seed look dead.

However, I don't know what they'll think about the changes in the garden. More plants are now in bloom, so it looks different. I have even mulched the gardens and trimmed up shrubs and trees again since the day they viewed the house.

Thanks!

Comments (27)