SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

How did you leave the house for your buyers?

janjan212
15 years ago

Our plan:

Patching & touching up nail/screw holes in rooms where we have touch up paint. Where we don't, we will leave the nails or screws in the wall. (figuring anthing else will do more harm than good) We have a few spots where there were molly's so we plan to just leaving the molly's exposed. I know it isn't ideal, but hopefully it's ok. I'm not sure what else to do. We are the 2nd owners (there were nail/screw holes when we moved in) The house is 16 yrs old, people don't expect it to look like new, do they?

We are also having our cleaning lady do a move out clean (she has been cleaning weekly all along) that will include the normal cleaning and also clean cabinets inside & out, the fridge, which they worked into the deal. Wipe down walls, door tracks etc etc. This is probably above and beyond what's expected but we wanted to have the house spotless (in a professional way) for the new owners. We will just broom sweep the garage. I'm also leaving them a pretty iron shelf I bought & painted to match other items in the master bath area. Since it goes so well, I wanted to gift it to them. They may not want it, but since they other items are fixtures, they could probably use it in the short-term anyway. It's a nice gesture if nothing else.

We also planned to have all the papers, manuels, keys tagged, a housewarming plant, or a bottle of wine & 2 wine glasses or something like that to welcome them to their new home. Now I don't know...

I've been excited for them since I heard they were first time buyers, but my excitement is waining since I am feeling snubbed. I've tried to communicate with them through their agent about simple things that might help them like leaving the yard debris container, if they want to subscribe to the service and letting them know I would be selling certain items in the house if they were interested to give them the first chance at them (which was a courtesy the former sellers gave us with a few key things that was bought for this home they didn't need for their next) but I can't even get a response. I didn't care either way, I just thought a simple "No Thanks" would have been nice. We got a piece of mail for them already here, it was from their insurance company, and said open Immediately, so I emailed the agent 3 days ago to let them know and ask what they would like me to do (leave it here for when we close or forward it to them etc) and still, I have gotten no answer from them. I don't understand it when people can't extend common courtesies. Anyway, now I'm wondering if I should be looking at it more like a business transaction, pure and simple. Do the necessary and leave out the niceities.

Comments (22)