SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkiv94tt

I have a 30yr old Adenium that needs some help

Dan C
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

So as the title states, I have a 30yr old Desert Rose which was given to my father by one of his patients many years ago. They have had the plant in the back yard in a well lit sunny area. It usually only gets watered when it rains, which is pretty often during the South Florida summer weather time. Anyhow, some orange caterpilars devoured the leaves and flowers on the tree within 2 days. We sprayed Bayer Rose and Flower insect killer, but it was too late, they left her as a twig which you can see in the picture. I have now brought this beautiful old lady to my home to see if I can nurse her back to health. My mom has always enjoyed the look of having her stems grow all over the place, however, i'm not sure if that's healthy or ok. If I was to trim her back a little as she is one sided, what is the proper way to cut and where? Also, what else is recommended to get her back in to tip top condition. I know that the Adeniums are very resilient as I brought one practically back from the dead, however, I don't want to make a mistake with this heirloom. Please help me out.

Thank you,

Dan

I have enclosed some pictures of her, she is in the Blue and white Japanese vase. The other one I snapped some pictures of, is my own that I brought back from the dead.

Comments (23)