SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellywodetzki

HELP! How do I minimize dog urine patches???

Pippin
8 years ago

I live in Western MA… grass is a mix of fescues/kentucky bluegrass/overseeded with Jonathon Green black Beauty Ultra last Fall

It's not always easy to water in where my dogs urinate straight away since I am also supervising 2 small children… so that doesn't work for us

I have quite a few small patches which I am pretty sure are from my 2 small dogs since I have been watching them closely to see where they go (I have previously been overseeding in the patches but this becomes tiresome when it's a constant battle and we are now going in to Summer)… I have de-thatched the dead grass and put down sugar over the patch with no success so far

I have read that adding more lime to the area where the dogs go can help prevent? (I use JG's 'Magical') - does anybody have experience with doing this?

I also read about a preventative product you put down every 2 weeks on the grass areas where the dogs go which prevents the overdose of nitrogen that kills off the grass - but I lost the link….does anybody know of such a product and whether it works?

Any other ideas besides feeding the dogs products?

My lawn is looking really good overall but these small brown dead areas are killing me!!!!

Thanks for any advice (except getting rid of my dogs!!!)

Comments (18)