SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickadee4_gw

male deaf dog urinating in home and on female dog

chickadee4
10 years ago

I adopted a deaf neutered male puppy mill rescue about two years ago. His left eye is partially blind due to the third eye membrane advancing offer his iris. A surgical repair was dismissed by the vet eye surgeon.
He is a very sweet good natured boy.
He was crated for a good year plus before letting him join us in the master bedroom at night.
He understands a few hand signals and the two other dogs keep him in check when we are out in the fields.
He prefers to pee over the female dog when we are out and about. I have placed him on a long horse line so I have something to tug on but that does not work. I have tried running to him but he has already nailed her.
The signal that he has messed up is a finger wag and me stamping the ground. He understands the correction in the home but outside it is more difficult.
I also noticed that twice he has peed on the kitchen chair....... more of a claiming pee.
DOes anyone have any suggestions on how to stop him from peeing on the female? do I spray her with perfume or another scent?
He is not emptying his bladder just marking her.

What do I do with him marking my kitchen chair? Both times I feel as if he was trying to pee on my coat not the chair.
He does not pee in the bedroom or anywhere else in the home.
Since he is deaf and his eye sight is compromised....... I have to be careful with any touch. I have tried tapping him but then he is scared of me for several weeks.
Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Comments (5)