SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stonetreehouse

Early Summer Jade Updates, and a Few Others

stonetreehouse
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My Jades went outside at the the end of March, but it rained every single day in May (record rainfall for my area). The sun came out on June 2, so these guys are getting a late start but they're starting to really perk up. Thank God they were all moved to the gritty mix prior to the monsoon season. Not one rotted (although I lost several other plants that had not yet been moved to gritty mix, experiencing the same extended rainy conditions). Anyway, I just thought I'd share their pictures.

First, my no ID Jade (if you know, I'd love your opinion on it):

(Oh, and that's some little cutting rooting there, not part of the plant, obviously.)

Next, is my Tricolor Jade, one I really like the variegation on. I think I'm really going to like this one as it grows (although I hope it doesn't turn really red in the summer sun):

Next is one that was marked Crosby's Compact, but I'm not really sure it is. Whatever it is, it's really healthy and hasn't ever so much as had a bad day or dropped a leaf:

Next is that plant I got marked "Akai Jade," that "trendy" new name on the BBS plants sold this year. I'm not sure what it is. It certainly isn't red, but then it hasn't really seen much sun yet. We'll see. But, including it in my update:

Last of the Jades is Wavy Jade, a $1 steal off the "save me" rack. It's recovering nicely and putting on some growth:

Not pictured but happily growing in the Texas sunshine:

Hummel's Sunset

Campfire

Red Horn Tree

--------------------------

Few other updates on new plants:

Gymnocalycium mihanovichii, about to bloom again (continual blooms since I brought it home). Don't they look nice without being made into those stupid "moon cactus" monstrosities?

And a cute little Echeveria. It was marked E. Dondo but who knows. . . I never really trust those labels.

This is my only Haworthia, marked H. margaritfiera:

Lastly, after much back and forth, I think this has finally been identified as Peperomia deppeana x quadrifolia "Hope" (corrections welcome):

The End. Happy summer growing, everyone!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH