SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deepdrop

best snow removal for packed hard snow

deepdrop
8 years ago

Hi, I live in NH and did well with my snow until I had a metal roof installed. Now, when it snows, I use my snowblower to clear it and all is fine....UNTIL 24-36 hours later when the glaciers slide off my roof and create a 4 foot high pile of packed snow right in front of my garage doors. It's as wide as a double garage and probably 15 feet front to back. My Toro two stage snow blower won't cut it. I have to shovel it into piles and blow it away. Too much work for my old back. I've tossed around ideas from an ATV with a plow, to a tractor with a plow or snowblower attachment, and now it was recommended that I get a Honda hydrostatic track machine. I've read a bit about these and understand that I can tilt the machine down into the snow pile. I'm wondering if I can get some advice on this. Does anyone have any better ideas or is the Honda truly a good way to go? I can't do another year of breaking up the pack ice. The plow guy won't reliably come by when the snow slides off the roof (can't blame him) but I need a way to deal with this. Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Comment