SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Snow! Snow!! Snow!!!

Hi all,

Looks like we have quite a storm starting here along the Front Range! All the TV weathermen are now saying it's probably gonna be a record storm for February!

I'm glad! Ok, that might be easy for me to say since I won't need to be out driving in it, but I haven't had any "usable" precip up here on the north end for over a month now, and early in the week I was seriously thinking about spending a day watering my front yard! They're predicting 1 - 2' up here, and if they're right enough that I get even just a foot, my grass will be back in Water Heaven!

Mile Nelson, Channel 7, just said that the current record goes all the way back to 1912 when we got 22" of snow--in the entire month, and that we could get more than that in just this one storm this time! The snow we got right before Christmas was nice, but it seems like a long time since we've had a Really Good Storm, and I'm hopin' this one holds together like they're predicting! Of course I won't be able to be out Diggin' in The Dirt for a week or so till the snow melts again, but it sounds like February is supposed to continue being warmer than normal so the Pretty White (and wet) Stuff should go quickly and the gardening will go on!

For any of you who do have to be out in the Pretty White (and slippery) Stuff tomorrow, drive carefully, and take care of yourself when you're out shoveling!

Happy snow storm,

Skybird

Comments (12)