SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Area rug size question & thoughts on this?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have to wait on hardwood and I'd really like to pull the trigger and purchase some type of area rug to ground to the room.

• The rug should be centered with the entertainment stand, correct? A 9x12 works to fit all the front furniture legs. An 8x10 just seems a little too small for width.
  • What do you think of this rug? (below)

Comments (42)

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Old pics. This room also serves as a playroom. Toys removed for photos.

(Note - Furniture cannot be arranged any other way until something
    is replaced. Please trust me on this.)

Here’s a 9x12 mock up.
    Sorry about the horrible white balance & quality on some of these.

It doesn’t look like it, but the front feet of the couch
    are on with a few inches of rug behind the feet.

I’m not sure I love how far the loveseat will go over the
    rug. There’s 18” from the entertainment
    stand to the tape, so it could be moved forward a tad.

I’d like to replace the pillows because I want to add
    more blue (darker blues like navy. Nothing light.) and creamy white/off white (the color of bleached drop cloths!) to the
    room. The carpet is pinky brown and I
    don’t want anything that reads yellow.

My mind immediately went to a chunky off white berber
    type rug with brown veinings. Can’t find that.
    Does it exist? Found this photo
    and it’s similar to what I pictured. Pretty sure this isn't even berber.

Not from the same photo.

This rug from West Elm is the closest thing I could find to purchase. It’s a wool/jute rug; 9x12 in natural/ivory for $749. I wanted to keep it around $500, but I think
    I’ll be hard pressed to find anything in the larger size. You can zoom and see additional photos in link.

westelm.com/products/mini-pebble-wool-jute-rug-b859/

Am I on the right track for the look of the rug? I feel the texture needs to be different than the carpet. I thought about talking to the local carpet
    guy about having a rug made.

Oh and the box under the chair (1st pic) holds children books and also
    helps break up the legginess, but I think that may look weird once a rug is
    down.

Thanks!

• the_foxes_pad
    8 years ago

That rug looks so nice! Admittedly I do not fuss w/ a lot of things that are out of my control so the loveseat so far on the larger rug wouldn't bother me overall.

Can you show a pic of the 'dimensions' of the smaller one?

In regards to adding more blue and creamy white: even if your replace the pillows (and I would suggest slipcovering the wingback) how would that look w/ what appears to be the rust or red in the sofa? Do you think that you will be able to achieve the look that you are going after even w/ the rug?

If I felt that I wouldn't be getting closer to achieving that overall look at the end of executing the end of my plan then I would feel like I was out a bunch of money for a rug that didn't help me achieve me desired outcome.

• Related Discussions

What size area rug for dining room?

Q

Comments (11)
    I just can't see a 9x12 in there as that would then mean the carpet going into the walkway to our bedroom. I do have a runner there now if the carpet has any kind of pattern to it on the edges, I think that would look off. Since the DR part is basically 10'8" x 10'8", there would only be a foot on each side of the table with the width with a 8X10. That means the back legs of the china cabinet would be off the rug and the front would be on it. Perhaps the same thing with the buffet on one corner. I found an octagonal one that is 7'9" that I was hoping would work. That seemed to work when I pulled out the chairs and sat back down. I guess because you come from the LR into that narrower part of the room, I think the larger the rug is the more croweded it would look, esp. with all the tile that is showing in the LR. BTW, I love my tile, it doesn't show abit of dirt and is easy to damp mop but just wanted to add a little warmth to the room. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming. T
    ...See More

New question - what size should my area rug be?

Q

Comments (63)
    Oooooh, I like that!! We had window benches in our last home and that was a favorite spot for the kids. This one won't have the lovely window light, but I could see it being a good use of space! The only tricky thing is that I had tentatively planned to put 2 barn doors here... my thinking is if the room happens to be a little messy or we need quiet from the rest of the house we could close it off. (Please ignore the mess that is there at the moment!!) But if we did the built in, obviously we couldn't do barn doors. That might be fine though. I really like that bench you posted! But how would we recess the shelves? I guess you just build out and it creates the recess? I need to show my husband that picture. Do you think there's enough room for it? The wall that you see there to the right of the opening is 42" from the back wall to where the trim begins. And the length of the wall is 76". A chaise was one of my choices... this one that I like is out of stock, and I'm debating how useful it would be for more than one person. Whereas the built-in you showed could easily fit both my younger. Thanks so much for your ideas!! Do you think there's space for the built in nook idea? I really love that!
    ...See More

new area rug - too big or perfect size?

Q

Comments (8)
    Can you possibly move the rug further toward the French doors? I probably shouldn't say anything else since you like the rug, but I find it rather bland, and the gray color against the beige doesn't appear to best advantage. This is a nice room but the decor seems very cookie-cutter, without any real personality. I'd love to see art, books, plants, and a more colorful and vibrant rug, perhaps an Oriental. The word art on the mantel and that particular mirror just add to the impression of stylishness without warmth. Forgive me if that seems hurtful; I'd just like to encourage you to put more of yourself into this room because that's what will make it beautiful and memorable.
    ...See More

What size area rug for a 19x15 office?

Q

Comments (2)
    I’d probably go with the 9x12. Usually larger area rugs looks nicer. I’d get blue painters tape and try some mock ups before purchasing.
    ...See More
  • jlc712
    8 years ago

That is a pretty rug, and I think the size is fine in the room.

I would be concerned about a couple of things. I think you have to be careful layering rugs on carpet, because they can be a tripping hazard (especially with a thick rug) , and the rug tends to shift and bunch. You will want to try some samples in real life, to see if rugs "slide" on top of the carpet, and to see how the height change would work as you walked into the room. I think that corner where you walk in might be a problem. The smaller size might work better?

I also think that going with a rug that is solid and neutral, like the carpet, may not provide much impact for the investment. Have you tried out the blue and off-white you want to bring in? Like Foxes, I'm not sure about blue with your couches.

If you're wanting to lighten things up a bit (I get that urge in spring/summer), maybe you could slipcover the ottoman, and do lighter pillows on the couch? Or replace the ottoman with a wicker trunk?

• User
    8 years ago

While the rug you picked is very nice, I do agree it will not appear as nice on your carpet as it will once you get the hardwood flooring especially if it is a mid tone or darker hardwood color, then it will pop off the floor.. Right now it might just blend into your carpet or worse make your carpet color look off. I think I would wait til you get your hardwood before picking a carpet.

Also the comment on the blue color you want to bring into your space, a navy blue would look very nice with the rust tones in your sofa. A sky or lighter color blue not so much imo.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I should have been more specific about the blue. I'm looking for more of a deeper blue like navy, not light. I think the darker blues look good with the furniture.

Foxes - Here's an 8x10. And this is assuming it's exactly. Aren't a lot of rugs smaller? I can't really pull the chair and table out from the wall more because of the side entrance.

Legs of loveseat are fully over the 'rug' a good bit even though it doesn't look like it in this photo.

Here's what it looks like near the couch. (that's in front of the window.)

I could slipcover the sofa. I don't mind the light beige that the chair is though. It also has the pink undertone.

Jlc - With the ottoman over the rug I didn't think the rug moving around would be an issue. Tripping could be a concern. I guess I'm not really looking for the rug to be a statement piece. My main goal is to ground the room. I like and think the color of the curtains, wing chair, and throw across the back of the loveseat all work together IRL. (And that color is in the pillows I'd like to replace.) The throw color is looking wonky in these pics. I don't want to add anything dark to the floor so I though more of that color would work and having the veining would add some interest without being too look at me. I could totally be all wrong which is why I wanted to bounce some ideas. I do like my leather ottoman because I felt it adds a different texture to the room since everything else is fabric.

Roseabbey - The hw is being put off for an undetermined amount of years. I agree the rug or any actually would look 100% better on hw, but the room not being grounded has been something that has been bugging me for about 4 or 5 years now. Honestly when we finally do get hw, this room is going to be redone shortly after if not at once with furniture and what not. That's partly when I didn't want to drop $$$$ on a rug.

I think the carpet looks worse in photos. It is worn some from walking (another reason I wanted a rug), but there are no stains so I feel it looks and is as clean as carpet can be.

I did try looking at rugs with blue, but couldn't seem to find anything that didn't have trendy, large geometric patterns or screamed look at me. I do like small herringbone or other small pattern on rugs, but I felt that was even more risky than my first choice. See this is why I need help. I'm open to hearing other rug suggestions.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Bumping. Can I get feedback on the rug size? 9x12 or 8x10?

• User
    8 years ago

I prefer the 9X12. I dont like on the 8x10 how one leg of the chair is on the rug, the other is not.

• Olychick
    8 years ago

9x12 looks perfect

• tuesday_2008
    8 years ago

9 x 12

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

I'd suggest getting a small rug with a lot of texture to go under just the coffee table. Large area rugs over wall-to-wall carpeting don't really work. They get lumpy and awkward.

• tuesday_2008
    8 years ago

Tib I like that look with carpet.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Tibb - Hmm, didn't think of that. I like how it grounds that photo. The window side of the
    room is heavier and I don't know if that would make it even more heavy and
    separate looking. I'll mark it out later.
    Grabbing a tape quick a 5x7 will be too small.

Tuesday - You like
    the general look of rugs over carpet or the look Tibb posted?

• tuesday_2008
    8 years ago

I like the look that Tib posted. I honestly don't think you will get the look you want with a neutral rug on neutral carpet. But I may be wrong - you have a better eye for decorating than I do.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

This living room has been so hard - some may remember from the beginning. I'm trying to embrace what I have for now since I can't make huge changes, but looking forward to starting from a clean slate someday.

I think I like a 6x9 size. I think it looks more correct in that it doesn’t
    interfere with the ½ circle walk path from entrance to entrance. I thought the 9x12 looked a little funny
    overlapping that area. But now I’m
    wondering if the chair and table look even more separate/forgotten. Thoughts?

The couch front feet (by window) would not be on the rug
    because the width needs to clear the loveseat.

Same pic, but showing the walking path from entrance to entrance. You can see the white trim/casing to the left and right of the main entrance going into the room. The loveseat does stick out into this view. It's floated from the wall (2'), but the whole thing is quite cattywompus. It is what it is. Wasn't sure if the 9x12 drew more attention to it making it worse.

I tried some mock ups of light, neutral rugs last night and it wasn't working for me. I think it's definitely going to need some variation to work. Or something completely different.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Ok, change gears. What about something that has lots of navy in it - again switching out and/or throws.

This comes in 6x9 or 9x12. I'm viewing this pattern a little more traditional than other others.

This isn't navy, but I still like this shade of blue. 'Distressed Blue', brown, ivory. 6'7"x 9'6"

Might be nice to find something with burgundy in it as well, but I'm posting ones I like as I come across them.

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

Oh, I LOVE the navy and cream rug! Where did you find it? That is gorgeous.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Tibb's from Overstock.

The reviews mention it's more ivory than navy IRL - so I found another listing for the same rug in a different size showing, what looks to be a photograph and I'm guessing this is more accurate to real life.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Handmade-Moroccan-Cambridge-Navy-Blue-Wool-Rug/7530649/product.html?refccid=T732IXNLZJCLPA2BONLYQFGUK4&searchidx=0

The other listing I pulled the photo from.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Handmade-Moroccan-Cambridge-Navy-Blue-Ivory-Wool-Rug-11-x-15/8057377/product.html

I really love the rug too, but is it too 'updated' for the room?

Anyone else have issues with getting photos to load? Ugh! The little circle just spins and spins.............

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

No, not too "updated" for your room at all! Ooooh, I just love that rug! Is your wall-to-wall silver/gray? The Cambridge rug also comes in silver, which might segue very nicely with your wall-to-wall carpeting and creat a great effect.

• jlc712
    8 years ago

I like the second blue rug, and I like the smaller size. How do they look with your couch? Have you tried photoshopping the patterns together to get a visual?

• User
    8 years ago

You need to watch the scale of pattern you are picking in the rug. Since the pattern on your couch is med to large, I think the pattern in the rug should be small.

I like the rugs you have picked so far but I dont see any connection in color to the furniture you have now, specifically the sofa. I wouldnt pick burgandy/rust as the major color in the rug, as that color is already a big player, but some other color from your couch. It is hard to tell on screen what the colors actually are.

• runninginplace
    8 years ago

A dissenting opinion-you have a LOT going on in that room now; it looks fairly stuffed with furniture. Not sure what 'grounding' you are thinking of, but putting an area rug on top of your carpet, especially a patterned rug, seems to me to only increase the busy-ness of the entire space and not in a good way.

I have the sense you are trying very hard to compensate for not being able to make the only change you really want which is hardwood flooring. Instead of tossing away nearly a thousand bucks on a temporary rug to go on top of carpet, I'd suggest you save your money and wait till you can put in the floor you really want.

Also, do some shopping to find out what's available in HW; prices have come down a lot and using the old 'the perfect is the enemy of the good' principle, you may find that a big box store or some place like Lumber Liquidators offers a budget friendly wood floor that will allow you to get what you are dreaming about having without breaking the bank.

• User
    8 years ago

I agree with runninginplace's advice. The rug can't ground all the furniture in the room unless you carpet to within a foot of the baseboard. You'd also need that size rug to pull the awkwardly-angled chair into the grouping. I think the chair and table don't work and you're trying to force it by throwing a lot of money at it for a rug that might not work when you get new furniture.

The wall unit, sofa, and loveseat form a dark U, so I would keep the opening to the U fairly light and uncrowded with a console table on that wall with a large mirror or framed art over it. Start building your LR from that new piece. Bring a lighter chair in as needed for company.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sorry I haven’t been around.

Tibb – Thanks. No,
    the carpet is brown with a pink undertone.

Jlc – I've done some rough photoshopping in the past, but haven't for this project yet. I wanted to get some feedback first.

Roseabbey – I agree about the pattern. I really like that blue rug I posted above,
    but I don’t know how I'd really feel about it in my room. IRL my furniture appears to have navy.
    I say appears because if you stick your nose real close and LOOK for the
    colors there’s black and crayon green woven in there. I then wanted to repeat more navy in the room.

Running – “Not sure what
    'grounding' you are thinking of,”

I feel all large area rugs ground the floor of
    a room, but I get what your saying about a lot going on. That’s why my original thoughts were to keep
    the rug more solid or a very small pattern. The furniture itself isn’t too much
    for us, but it’s all not right for the room.

I have the sense you are trying very hard to compensate for
    not being able to make the only change you really want which is hardwood
    flooring.

The only change I really want? Nah, I’d love to replace everything in the
    room and start from scratch! I’m talking
    dimensions, paper, pencil, and brain storming for this awkward room. The idea of built even crossed my mind before. I suppose I could replace a piece here and there if I had a plan together. For some reason that feels….not pointless,
    but frustrating. Personality is driving
    some of this. I know how I am and don’t
    know that I have the desire or time right now to work on creating a whole new
    room.

I should probably look around more for hw prices. Projects always end up costing more than the
    initial thought though. I wasn’t
    planning to buy the rug I first posted, but was looking for thoughts about that
    direction or any direction really. My
    plan was to find one for $500 or less preferably and that’s much less than hw
    installed through most of the house.

Mayflowers – I’m assuming you’re saying both the style of
    the table and chair as well as their placement doesn’t work, right? For placement, they used to be against the
    wall. I get what you're saying about the rug and the chair though.

You’re suggesting a console table and mirror on the wall
    where the chair and table are now? That's an interesting idea I didn't think of before. A large mirror would make a difference too. Like I said, I’d like to replace it all, including the
    entertainment stand. I don’t really want
    to purchase anything without a very specific plan this next go around.

I appreciate the feedback and thoughts. Even if I can find the rug, I'm not sure I’ll be fully content with the size unless something gives with
    replacing furniture. Always good to
    bounce ideas off you guys, thanks!

• busybee3
    8 years ago

I have never had a large rug over carpet, but I have had a small (5x7) area rug over carpet under a coffee table several houses ago and I would not recommend it!!

we had light colored ww carpet in the family room and I wanted some color and also wanted to get something darker by the sofa... I first had a lighter weight pretty wool rug there that didn't work at all-- it was constantly shifting/rippling, etc (and our coffee table was very heavy). finally I bought a very heavy carved wool rug that did better, but still wasn't a great solution... so I wouldn't recommend a smaller rug... (I would guess layering rugs over something like berber that is laid with a very firm pad is easier...)

• User
    8 years ago

It looks like the room doesn't have the width to add any type of seating on that wall. Maybe the chair just needs to go back into the corner more--in the first photo it looks like it's placed in the middle of that wall, and that's what I find awkward, along with the round table that crowds the opening. Have you tried a reading lamp in the corner with the chair in front of it? I had that setup in my similar LR at one time. But that wall needs art, which leaves the problem of nothing under the art to anchor it. That's why I suggested a console if you remove the chair. If you keep the chair, would a narrow end table work better than the round one? You could put the round table or the plant in the corner between the sofa and wall unit.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The room is definitely lacking width. I believe it's 15' wide.

• User
    8 years ago

It does look better in those pics. I couldn't tell that the wall ended right at the round table, so at least there's a defined boundary. I think it might look better with the chair pulled back with a lamp behind it rather than with the gap that the angle causes. A foot or so isn't going to make or break a conversation area. The art looks good and shouldn't have to be moved even if you remove the table lamp. The table will move almost directly under the painting. I don't see the need for grounding with a rug.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I just realized my kitchen kind of echos the dark shape on that side of the house.

• Oakley
    8 years ago

We have the same sofa and I wanted to post a picture of my rug to show you that a large print is fine with the sofa. I posted this picture last year when I was shopping for a new coffee table.

• User
    8 years ago

I liked your original layout much better. The chair and table look smaller now for some reason and the room definately looks unbalanced.

• the_foxes_pad
    8 years ago

I may well have missed it, but, what is the timeline that you are getting HW floors? If it is something that is def. happening, even if not for awhile w/ no definite time frame, and you REALLY love the 1st rug that you posted and know that you're not going to tire of it, then I would get it, because you know what your final result would likely be like.

• User
    8 years ago

It looks nice as a vignette in the first photo looking straight on, but the view from sitting on the couch, which would be part of the conversation group, is this:

Versus this view from the couch.

The chair looks fine there, but the art is too heavy for the table. I think you could do a small chest type table that covered the outlet and move the picture over a few inches. Or maybe a floor lamp could go to the left of the chair, which provides some height there, and art could go over the chair. Or you could put the chair against the wall, which allows a floor lamp on either side. I might try that first because, like you, I only have two lamps in my LR and really do need a third. Then your round table and lamp could go between the sofa and wall unit.

User thanked User
  • User
    8 years ago

If the plant is moved a bit towards the chair, making it part of that vignette, I would look better from the couch. I agree about the art being too big for the table.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oakley - Thanks for posting your rug. I really do like your rug! I think it works because the paisley is such a large scale and the colors tie the couch in.

Foxes - I'm not sure. It keeps getting bumped back. I'm still being hopeful it will be sooner than later.

May - Honesty we never sit there and it's not often anyone's at that end of the couch.

Hmmm... I have other art, but then the wall would have even smaller pieces on it.

Or maybe a floor lamp could go to the left of the chair, which provides some height there...

Height there could be good. Additional light is always a plus.

Or you could put the chair against the wall, which allows a floor lamp on either side. I might try that first because, like you, I only have two lamps in my LR and really do need a third.

You don't think the chair and lamp alone will be lost there? The table does fit on the end of the couch, and I've put it there temporarily when arranging for a Christmas tree, but it feels like it crowds the e.stand a little.I actually feel like floor lamp would work better by the couch than a table with lamp.

Rose - I'll try moving the plant back. I could also push the table and chair back a little more at the same time to better compact that arrangement.

• runninginplace
    8 years ago

I know I'm edging into being an obnoxious online pest here but you have SO MUCH STUFF in that room.

Example: in your vignette area there is a chair, with what looks like some kind of box under it, and a throw and a pillow on the chair and a table next to the chair with books and a lamp and a picture and a plant on the table which is underneath a large picture which has on top of it several other small pictures and on top of that some kind of antlers(!) and there is a large potted plant behind the chair and a huge wall unit next to the chair and....whew, just an awful lot going on there, you know what I mean?

I wonder how the room would look if you just got rid of that chair (you said you don't use it I think) and all the other stuff barnacled around it and maybe some of the other furniture and decor items. Space can be a very restful and calming part of room decoration, particularly a room that also doubles as a play area. What was that classic saying from Magnaverde: decorate for the life you lead, not the life you wish you lead...

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Running - I did get your point the first time. Yes, everything you listed is in the photo and has reasons I felt it belonged there. I won't address all of them, but the box holds books for our toddler. I'd rather see the box than a bunch of books since I have other toys in here. The decor items change regularly. Sometimes I keep it bare and other times not. That round end table and the buffet in my foyer are the only two places I create any type of vignettes. The rest of surface space in the house is pretty bare and practical. Yes, those are antlers on the wall. We're supposed to make a room reflect out lives and hunting is a part of ours. I wouldn't like my hockey sticks there. I can't just replace everything in the room. As for the main pieces, sometimes you have to work with what you have. I've already stated I don't plan to make any furniture purchases until we're going to redo the whole room and I have a plan.

I wonder how the room would look if you just got rid of that chair (you said you don't use it I think) and all the other stuff barnacled around it and maybe some of the other furniture and decor items.

I actually do sit in that chair to read and for conversation. For now, I will say at least it's really comfortable and fits my height well. So you're saying to get rid of everything along that wall and maybe some of the rest of the furniture??

and all the other stuff barnacled around it and maybe some of the other furniture and decor items

The other furniture is a loveseat and couch that we use daily as well as an end table between those that's also used. Almost forgot the ottoman, but that gets used for feet and the shelf also neatly holds, and somewhat hides, certain toys. The decorative items are one thing, but I can't just take the furniture out of the room for the sake of it looking better. We actually are following Magnaverde's rule along with our rule of making things work until you can replace them. If I strip everything out of the room besides the main pieces it looks unfinished.

• Oakley
    8 years ago

I've seen the whole room before and trust me, it's not full of stuff. It's quite airy, IMO. I have a ton of furniture and accessories in my LR, and I wouldn't get rid of any of it. I think Mag's rule should be, "Don't decorate for others, decorate for yourself."

User thanked Oakley
  • User
    8 years ago

I agree with Oakley, I have seen this room before as well, the furniture is arranged as well as it can be. If you want to anchor the room, I think your original idea of a carpet on top of your wall to wall is the way to go. I like the blue carpet you posted the best, once you add blue to your sofa as in pillows or other items, it will tie the colors together. I would be careful with the first rug, tone on tone, the colors have to be right otherwise it would make the wall to wall carpet off in color. I would check the rugs in the stores in your area, perhaps bring some home just to try and see what size and or color works for you and then having that knowledge order off line. This way you dont have the hassle or cost of shipping carpets back. I am sure whatever you pick will look great as seen in your past posts.

User thanked User
  • tuesday_2008
    8 years ago

Shee for the size of your room and your seating and furniture requirements, I think you have done quite well. You should see my daughters family room - it is VERY narrow and she struggles with furniture placement. She would kill to be able to have a sofa and a love seat :). She has also had to make room for toddler paraphernalia.

I remember a few years back when you were struggling with this room and you mentioned that these pieces work well when you have family visiting, plus it is nice to have an extra chair. You also have a room layout that actually BENEFITS from the large entertainment center. So many people are downsizing to just a console, but your piece not only gives you room for the TV, but also decorative shelves plus storage. I followed your room when I first came on GW and this works best for you.

I will make one suggestion that you might try - just for looks as well as function. Look at Tiffany style floor lamps for the corner. Overstock has several at very reasonable prices as well as JCP. I bought a dragonfly style for my DR for about $129.00 on sale at JCP. It makes the most beautiful pop of pretty colors and I love the "glow" when it is on. The nice thing about lamps like that is that if you get tired of them in one room, you can always move them around. Mine is similar to this: Overstock Tiffany lamp

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oakley - Thanks!

Rose - Thanks, and I agree about the tone on tone needing to be right. I'll have to head back to the rug stores.

Tuesday - Thanks, and yes that seating comes in handy when family or friends come over. While I'm not satisfied with this room, I always feel it could certainly be worse. If I didn't have the entertainment stand, the furniture still doesn't fit any better, I'd then be struggling with what the heck to do with that wide of a main wall. Not to mention I wouldn't have room for the books, etc. I have stored now.

I really like that lamp. Which corner?

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Ella - Thanks. I have a faux mink fur (taupe) from PB that I put away for the summer, but would like a lighter one. Can you tell me more about the first one? Thanks!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm