SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
htrinh

Help me pick plants

9 years ago

So some background and a little bit of a rant...After a lot of thought and some input last year from this forum, I can up with a design for the landscape for the front of our house. We hired a landscaper, hoping that he could help us pick plants since I know nothing about them. My husband wants to buy the plants ourselves to save some money. I was hoping that the landscaper would give us a list of what to buy but I've only been able to get suggestions for the foundation plants. As for what goes in front of them, I've just been told to use perennials, either evergreen or deciduous ones, it's up to us. I just want something that will look good year round and is relatively easy to care for. We have some deer around. Zone 7. Front of house gets afternoon sun, a few plants will be on the north side of the house. The area around the lamp post gets all day sun. We currently have salvia there but would like to use something evergreen there, possibly moving the salvia elsewhere. The azaleas, the bushes behind them, and the tree at the corner are the only things not being removed.

This may be asking a lot, but can anyone help with a list of plants that you would use? We've talked about boxwoods in front of the porch, blue juniper trees (marked conical tree in drawing), maybe more azaleas on the north side of the house, and spirea between the juniper, however my husband doesn't want those because they aren't evergreen.

Comments (11)