SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vaodiva_gw

Acid loving, drought tolerant, native plants

vaodiva
15 years ago

Yeah, I know, a lot's packed in one title. I'm looking for the above because, though our front area's pretty well 'landscaped' our rear area is still wild. I really like it that way, but I would like to beautify a small path and its entrance (appx total 20' x 7' )that currently leads to the horseshoe pit. It's mostly pines back there (dappled sunlight, sandy soil) with 2 camphors framing the back gate. The needles do a fantastic job of keeping grass-well anything-down.

Considering the lack of current rainfall and the seemingly endless sunshine icons on my wunderground.com page, I believe drought tolerant is prudent. I was thinking native plants for the same reasons.

I don't have anything planted back there save for some amaryllis, and a couple of african irises/fortnight lilies in pots waiting for transplant. I was thinking of putting them in the ground since they've dealt with limited water pretty well. I was also thinking liriope (I know, boooring) for it's inexpensiveness and ease of growing. I'd love azaleas or gardenias and know they like acid, but they also like water, right?

Please, help me pick some plants! They don't have to be glamorous, just fit the title above.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm