SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haldd

Samsung 12.2 Note Pro tablet

haldd
8 years ago

My tablet screen began flickering off and on about 3 weeks ago whenever I would turn it on. The flickering is just bad enough to be annoying, but doesn't seem to affect how the tablet works. Another symptom cropped up about a month ago. I would be watching a movie, the battery would run low and I would plug in the charger, and then a window pops up that says the battery is overheating and charging has stopped.

I called Samsung and Google yesterday to try and get information about what is going on. The technicians at both said they had no idea what was causing the problem and offered no solutions. The tech at Google confirmed the tablet was first turned on on May 4, 2014. I asked what the life expectancy of the tablet is. The tech said he didn't know, but agreed that it should be more than a year.

I think my tablet may be dying. It hasn't had very much use, actually. I prefer using my pc and laptops for most everything. I use the tablet for watching movies I've downloaded from Google. The library on my tablet shows I've watched 2 full length movies and most episodes of six tv series (Better Call Saul, Madmen, Naked and Afraid, Scandel, The Newsroom, and The Walking dead). So there definitely is some hours of use, but nowhere near the use of my other devices.

My question is do tablets really die this soon? Any advice as to anything I can do to get it back to normal? It was an expensive top of the line tablet when new. One year of use doesn't justify replacing it if it's dying; planned obsolescence should be much longer than a year IMHO.

Comments (6)