SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

Hand crank grinders, meat and grain

It is like christmas when we walk into our waterfront little saltbox home on the coast of Newfoundland. And a nail bitter hoping the harsh winter has caused no damage...this trip has been perfect. As if we were away for a weekend. Even a bowl of pistachios on the kitchen table, lol. My grand collection of vintage cast iron and wood fired cookstove. Had the home temp up to 75 within an hour.

I usually empty out and clean cabinets, checking dates, tidy up, and helps to locate everything. Start planning meals....

No grinder anywhere. We used it last visit. Must have taken it back to NY for some reason. I have some moose on the way...neighbors are very generous here. Want to make burgers, meatballs and sausage.

Just on amazon.canada and the reviews are not so great. I do think some do not understand different metals, steel blades, etc. Aluminum can be weak on the clamp models. I would prefer to mount on a board...

I was gifted a grain grinder after telling a friend about being without power for a bit over a week and pounding coffee beans with hammer on a rock wrapped in a tea towel, : ) Every morning. (top of storm prep list now has 'grind coffee, fill car with gas, fill rain barrels, etc)

The Victorio delux. Seems good. Maybe not the best, but tested last night with some old rice and it made a powdery flour quickly. Maybe running it through twice?

The cornmeal i can get here is very coarse. I usually give it a good hour or two soak. Should be able to grind it for a softer meal.

I usually research heavily for days before purchase. I don't like junk. And wasted money...but i really need a meat grinder. (now). Can't get the LEM here. Darn.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths