SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Lipstick losing flowers

MrBlubs
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'd type the real name but it's way to long!

Anyway, I got my 2nd lipstick 2 weeks ago as a present and it came with lots of flower buds on it. I havnt been able to repot it from its nursery pot as I have my other lipstick (they're both radicans) Which is going to go with this one in a bigger better pot that my spider plant is currently in but I cant repot my spider plant untill I repot my philodendron but I can't repot my philodendron untill it's warm enough to put my Typha Minima outside. So that's my dilemma for now! So it's still in its 4" plastic container.

Im pretty new to aeschynanthus (there I said it!) care but my first one seems to be doing excellent and has put out 6" of growth since I bought it it March. So I figured I'd water this one and keep it in the same area as my other one. It did fine untill now. Two days ago I noticed one flower head fell off. Didn't think anything of it. Thought my cat knocked it off somehow or something... Then yesterday there was 2 on the ground. Once again in denial that I'm doing anything wrong thought that because these flowers weren't fully developed that something happened in the store and yadda yadda... I know crazy

Then today 2 more fell off but this time it was one of the bigger flowers that looked just about ready to open up and also a smaller lesser developed one..

What am I doing wrong? I keep it moist and it sits where my other one seems to do fine.. Is there anything that causes flower drop?

It's only got 5 flowers left and out of those five is one that looks like it's about to pop! I just want to see one open up!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional