SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meris596

Finally! Dimensions for a full gut kitchen

Meris
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We are remodeling and adding on a small addition to our ranch home. We are completely relocating our kitchen, so I do have a blank slate space to work with. My slide in range can go anywhere since I will vent outside no matter where it is.

It's an odd shape, I'm calling it my Home Plate. The 13 ft space that is adjacent to the dining room will have a door, and I'm thinking a pass thru. I'd love to be able to close off the kitchen from the dining/living room area that is a great room set up.

Fact is, when you have so many options, but a funny shape, it's hard! mama goose_gw zn6OH (thank you!) has helped me figure out if the space could work, we didn't have exact dimensions then. Plus we cut out the staircase and loft, all the plumbing will be back to back now. It's changed a little. I don't know how to link to that discussion, or even if it would be helpful.

Some info: we are a family of 5. There will be more than 1 person in the kitchen, at some meals. Most I cook on my own.Originally I wanted a walk in pantry, for storage, microwave, and to save money on cabinetry, and to be able to have the clean no upper cabinets near the stove.

An island, would be great. No stools. Would love a small soft eating area, for coffee, or just a nook away to read the paper.

We are thinking of ikea with custom fronts, or a local cabinet maker. Either of these would not have a kitchen designer, so I will need some serious help either way.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions. I made the space blank, and outlined since I thought it would help?

Cheers! And I hope all the mothers are having a lovely day.

Comments (37)