SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sreedesq

Feedback welcomed on home office furniture

sreedesq
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We are currently designing furniture for our basement home office that will have two desk areas along a 173 inch wall. We are having the pieces made so they can be unbolted and moved, so we can reconvert the bedroom if we sell and possibly move the furniture with us. The other smaller wall that is 53 inches will host a 48 inch printer station that includes two lateral file cabinets and a trash pull out. A nearby closet has shelving to hold paper, etc.

We looked at purchasing desks, but a local cabinet maker made office furniture for our BIL and did a great job. His quote to us is less than some lesser quality case goods we saw. I'm looking for feedback on function, finish ( a wood that will do well in a dry basement that gets cold and hot), top, and other thoughts you may have. Pics below, TIA

Above: Planned specs. My drawing. I did specify full extend drawers, reinforced drawer bottoms, interiors in bottom drawers large enough to integrate files if needed later. I have the main desk depth at 30 inches.

Comments (4)