SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Ordered my office cabs this AM - feedback on door choice

15 years ago

I ordered my custom office cabinets today. So far, I've been very pleased with the professionalism of this cabinet company. Because of all my angled walls, the owner came out last week to do a laser measure and so they have an accurate respresentation not only of the wall lengths, but the angles. He was initially thinking he'd construct my angled desktop from one piece, but it looks like there'll be a center seam. It was either that or a mitered one in one of the corners, but with the mitering the wood grain in the seam would differ so I went with his recommendation.

Here is the final layout:

Since the office flows from the master bedroom (no door), I wanted more of a furniture look and style that complements my bedroom furniture. I've chosen the following door in a maple java which is pictured along side of my bedroom chest of drawers. It's an ogee flat panel door and both the desktop overhang and furniture base molding with have the similar ogree edge treatment. Shallow drawers will be a slab with ogee edges and deeper drawers with be the five piece construction.

What do you think?

Comments (4)