SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_12784826

fiancé went to the strip club after promising not to.

User
9 years ago

I'll start a the beginning but keep it as short as possible. I am getting married to a very handsome, successful, good ole Texas boy in less than 2 MONTHS! I am planning the wedding all by myself and just sent the formal invitations. We are paying for it ourselves and we have been really excited as it is almost here.

My fiancé's friend is getting married a few weeks before us, and decided to hold his bachelor party in Canada. My fiancé has always known how I feel about strip clubs, and as a woman {a Christian woman especially} I do not agree with going to look at other naked women, or be touched by them, etc in a strip club or any other setting. I am not a prude, and I have no problem with sexuality within committed relationships. But fidelity is HUGE for me.

When our wedding date was planned, the first thing his buddies started in with was the Bachelor party planning, and I immediately made sure that he knew my stance on it. And he agreed and said that "his friends are not those type of people, and I should know that." He also said things like"what do you think Bachelor parties are? It's just a guys trip." and "You have nothing to worry about."

I also brought up the "no strip club" issue prior to his friend's Canada Bachelor Party. And he assured me with the exact same quotes. And we have agreed that if he found himself in the situation where other guys went, he would "remove himself from the situation."

I also asked him to call me every night from Canada to let me know he was alive and well.

So upon his return from his friend's Canada Bachelor trip, I asked if they went to any strip clubs. He said they had gone to a Topless Vegas style show. And I was mad, and he tried to apologize and say it wasn't what you think, etc. But then after a few drinks at dinner, he came out with his friend {the Bachelor} had received a lap dance. And that it was indeed a strip club. But that he did not get a lap dance. I was furious. Not only that, but it turns out I had talked to him only a few hours before they went there and he had assured me once again at that time, that they were not going to strip clubs. And this was the same evening that he did not call me at all. I didn't hear form him until very late the next day.

I feel betrayed. I told him a while ago, that to me, strip clubs or looking at other naked women for pleasure is cheating, and if that happened, I wouldn't marry him. He knew 100% without a doubt, that this was not something I was ok with, and made me think that it wouldn't happen and he and his friends are not the type to do that. I feel like an idiot. And now I feel like if I marry him, after saying that this type of thing is not ok, this is just the first place where I am pushed back on my beliefs, and then what's next? I cheated, but I'm a good guy because I admitted it? I said I'm sorry so it's ok?

I'm sure there are many people here who don't have an issue with the strip club. But for me. It's more about him doing something that he knew I had a huge problem with, after acting like it would never possibly be an issue, and what does that mean for the rest of our lives together? I want husband who has friends who don't put him in those type of situations. Godly, Christian men who hold each other accountable to a higher standard. I guess I am asking what to do. Thanks in advance and sorry for the length.

KB

Comments (65)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!