SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangs81

(Pic) Send Bail Money To...

mustangs81
17 years ago

I pass a wooded area several times a day (sometimes 4-6 times at various times of day and night) on the way to and from my house. About 9 months ago, there was a cage erected on this land (no house on the property) and a dog housed in the cage. The dog doesn't belong to anyone in this neighborhood.

I would stop and holler (about 50 feet from the road) to the dog and talk to him/her. After 3 months, the dog wouldn't come to talk to me. I thought he was gone but I kept trying to get his attention, once in a while he would come out of the dog igloo. All this time, I NEVER-NEVER saw anyone attending to the dog. I called animal services early on and they say he was okay-at that point.

Two months ago (the dog has been there 7 months by this time) I saw a someone coming from the cage. It was a lady (I use that term loosely) in her 20's, she had a 3 year old baby boy with her. I didn't get out of the car, I asked her about the dog--my thought was to tell her I would be willing to walk the dog to give it exercise. She said that her mother couldn't keep the dog in the house she was renting. I said that I was concerned that the dog wasn't getting exercise or social interaction. She said he was fine and her mother knew what she was doing. I told her that her mother was a "idiot". At that point she started dropping "F" bombs telling me to mind my own F*C)ing business you F*C)ing b=6c8! All the while holding the baby's hand. I told her that she was modeling bad behaviour for her son. She started the tirade again. I told the little boy to cover his ears because mommy was being naughty.

Forward to today. I go by again on the way to the store and she is there (remember, I haven't seen anyone for two months). I stop and asked (I didn't get out of my car) "how is the puppy?". She goes off on me again. She was screaming at me that I was harassing her and she was going to call the sheriff. I said, here let me give you my business card. Just then someone came behind me on the road so I had to move on. Well, several miles latter, this twit is behind me in her car and at the stop light she said was calling the sheriff to get my a$$ for harassment and she wrote down my license tag number.

My real concern is the socialization and temperament of this dog that is being warehoused. And of couse--how that baby is being raised (another issue for another forum). Is this a situation that animal services would consider a intervention? Am I putting myself in danger unnecessarily? Am I worrying about too much? Any suggestions?

Poor picture but to give you a point of reference:

Comments (18)