SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Last couple of days' action at my bank(s)

joyfulguy
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I bought some (pharmaceutical) stock a few days ago, and there's not enough balance in my brokerage account, or the bank account that relates to it, to cover the cost.

So I went Wednesday (would you believe - April 1: but this writing of my story is on April 2, remember) to a bank where I have an account, asked whether they could transfer money to my account in the other bank.

They couldn't: different systems. In these days, when computers can do darn near anything: people can pay for their gas by waving their phone over a gizmo in the kiosk.

Withdrew several thousand dollars - cash: much counting (all same "size" [as in "denomination"]) bills.

While travelling in different area of city, asked directions to a branch of the recipient bank - received them: but they're probably closed for the day. On arrival - found that they were.

This morning, went to a (not the home) branch of the recipient bank: let's see your identification card, our bank: ineffective; outdated.

Driver's licence, please. It should be outdated, as must take consultation and write tests, rules of road and signs, plus eye test, at 80 and every two years thereafter, and this is the year for the fourth. But delay from phoning 800 number for date for consultation and consultation date: birthday end Jan ... licence good till early Aug ... if can stay alive, and licensed, a few more years ... may gain a year on 'em!

The bank checked the account information: Can't deposit money - the account is suspended, due to inactivity for x no. of years.

Did paperwork to revitalize the account.

They called the other branch, asked to have the account unfrozen. Within a few minutes ... it was (they were surprised at the shortness of the delay).

Did paperwork to have a new identification card issued (with PIN, of course - and this old fart has trouble remembering where I put the bananas, bought yesterday) ... got the card, signed it.

Handed in the money ... which was duly counted.

It was deposited into my, now thawed, account.

[[Good thing that the first bank couldn't transfer into my account in the second bank, as it couldn't have been deposited into a frozen account, which they might or might not have been able to ascertain at the time, so there might have been quite a knot needing untangling]].

ole joyful

P.S. Question: When a person has 45 plastic cards in his/her wallet ...

... does one wonder/can one ask whether s/he's ... "a few cards short of a deck"?

o j

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths