SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m323

Should I be confident in a SW color match of BM paints?

m323
9 years ago

I am getting ready to paint a complete remodel so the paint would not have to be matched up to an existing color.

SW here is easier to buy from and with pricing deals looks to be much cheaper (cashmere vs regal select)

Only problem is I am basing my color choices strictly off of pictures on Houzz. My guess is it would be close enough I would never know.

I just want to make sure I am not going to end up with an end product that is noticeably different than the color I was trying to copy. Colors will be choosen from Reverse petwer/stingray/edgecomb/owl gray and white dove/simply white/ cloud white.

I have read many times people say it matters who is behind the counter doing the job for you, which confuses me because I thought the machine had a laser or something to do the matching automatically and take the human out of the equation.

Should significantly more money be spent for peace of mind or is this one of the no brainers to save a bunch of money to put towards other aspects of the remodel?

Thanks for your time

Comments (3)