SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzfromtexas

New Pool Build in Cypress near Houston

suzfromtexas
9 years ago

Well, the Big Dig did not begin Monday. Our PB stopped by and saw that the gas line runs within the boundaries of the pool. So... now a little more waiting for the gas company to come out and re-route the line. The PB said we could move the pool to the back of the house if I didn't want to wait. But I decided we didn't need the advantage of diving into the pool from our back windows! Our landscaper/paver also came out on Monday and brought his landscape architect. They had done the design, landscaping, and hardscaping a couple of years ago for our friends up the street. It's phenomenal, so we're excited to see their plans for us. Our pool takes up most of the backyard, so it will be interesting to see what they have in mind. I'm going for an English garden look - not sure that can happen with so little space. Since I really don't have any activity going on yet, I thought I would post our pool specs and try to post a picture of our 'natural pond' out the backdoor where the patio used to be. I'll also try to post the pool diagram.

Basic Specs

free form pool w/ AquaPure SWG

34'6'' x 13'-23'

depths of 4' to 7'

about 573sf

Jandy equipment

Polaris 280

Rainbow 320 Inline Chlorinator

3 12v LEDs w/ color

AquaLink PDA PS8

7' round spa, raised 12" and an 18" raised beam w/ 36" sheer descent into the spa

12 spa jets - it should really rumble!

a 36" rain descent on a 12" raised beam between 2 18" columns

a 6' x 10' sun shelf w/ 2 bubblers

a bump out bench with 1 bubbler

Pebble Sheen finish (maybe Blue Granite?)

Travertine coping

paver decking

tile, stone, and pavers TBD

Wendy: I'm sending positive thoughts that your HOA approval goes as quickly as ours did - 2 business days! Good luck with your research. We've had a couple of days with sun, but the forecast for tomorrow is 90% rain. Then sun again. Keeps everything interesting, right? I can't wait to read about your pool build! All the best, Suz.

Comments (17)