SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

The Monkey Princess makes pasta and pies

annie1992
9 years ago

The Princess has Italian grandparents on Dave's side, and so it seems odd that it would have to be me, the Native American/Irish grandmother, to teach her to make pasta, but that's the way the world is, LOL. We did break the pasta maker in the process, though, so I'll have to replace that.

First I explained that pasta was basically eggs, flour, salt and water. Mix it up until it's right...

After that we put the dough through the pasta machine, and cut it into papperdelle. Kind of.

Sauced with a cream sauce with mushrooms and Italian sausage, it was pretty darned good, and Elery loves the stuff. So did The Princess:

After that she made some no-bake oatmeal cookies. We only had the dark cocoa, so they are pretty darkly chocolate, but very good.

Her brother needed to make something too, so we mixed up some trail mix for him to take to school as "healthy snacks", and portioned it out into individual bags.

This weekend she was at her cousins, so my Bud helped me make rolls. We used a recipe from Cook's Country which turned out OK, but no better than my usual recipe and a lot more work, so we'll revert back to my Grandmother's old farmhouse white, which we all like anyway. His were very cool looking "fans", though...

By the time we were done with that, The Princess had come home, so she had to bake something. We decided on apple crumb pie. She also made a banana cream pie for her Dad, who doesn't like cooked apples. We made the crust with the lard that I rendered last year from our pigs, and the apples were from our own trees.

So what's next? She's lobbying for a lesson on tiramisu...

Annie

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert