SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bemonkey_gw

Help me choose fruit varieties to grow in NJ and nurseries

I have been reading some old posts regarding the fruit varieties that do well in New Jersey and I am still at no decision. Calling on fruit growers to share their opinion regarding what variety of apple, peach, apricot, nectarine, pear, plum, sweet and sour cherry to chose. I am looking into planting the trees in my limited space backyard. I can keep few grow but for most of them I will need to control their size. I want fresh fruit for eating and any extra will be preserved. Looking into varieties that will be decently productive and taste well. I do not care if they look perfect. Self pollinated varieties would be preferred since I do not have much space. I was considering buying from Adams County Nursery and Raintree Nursery. However, the Adams Country Nursery is already sold out on some of the varieties that I was considering buying like:

Shinko, Hosui, Bartlett Pear

Rainier, Hartland Cherry

Redhaven Peach

The Raintree Nursery varieties were mostly not mentioned in some of other similar posts where people asked for similar advice.

Can someone suggest the nursery, either local in South New Jersey or online that is selling varieties suited to be well grown in New Jersey?

Thanks,

Vesna

Comments (10)