SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveswindowsanddogs_gw

A few key tile pieces came with unwelcome crazing: advice?

The backsplash tile and borders for my kitchen came in and they are beautiful. I love the handmade appearance. The subway tiles are Walker Zanger Cafe series in Latte and the rail and border tiles are Walker Zanger Tuileries series in Pastis. Unfortunately, the three rail corners are from a slightly different dye lot and have a little crazing. BUMMER! The retailer checked with the WZ supplier who said that all of the corner tiles in stock have crazing and no more are on order. They are sending a few more for us to look at and to compare to the previous ones. I hope to find some with very minimal crazing.

I didn't want crackle tiles due to the need for sealing and the possibility for absorption of dirt, grease, etc. Will crazed tiles function the same as crackle tiles? Aren't crackle tiles just crazed tiles with a fancy name?

If I am stuck with only crazed corner tiles, should they be sealed before installation? None of the other tiles will need to be sealed as none of them have crazing or crackles. The corner tiles will be part of a tile window silI above my sink.

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks to kitchendetective who identified the tiles from a picture of a friend's kitchen.

Thanks for the feedback,

LovesWindowsAndDogs (I don't know who I will appear to be due to the Houzz switch)

Comments (10)