SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

My kitchen quote came in today

brutuses
16 years ago

I finally received my quote from the guy who I want to make my kitchen cabinets. He came in with a price less expensive then we thought he would so we can go with him. Yeppie!! The cabinets are antique white and the prettiest finish I've ever seen.

Here's where I need your help. We are struggling with the budget. Wait, you can't have a budget without money can you? OK, forget that, we don't have any money. LOL

We need to find some granite that we can afford. I've been reading the kitchen forum and from what I've read, there is less expensive granite out there, but you have to look for it. Me, who hates running around. This will be good!!

I'm asking for any hints, ideas, names of stones, and any education you can give me on finding a stone that I can afford, but is also pretty. I don't want black and from what I've heard and read, black is the least expensive. I'm looking for stone with gold/tan/beige. Any of those colors would be fine.

We've considered granite tile and would get it, but we want a nice curve on the corner of the island and that curve couldn't be made with tile.

Anyone for a brand muffin?

For anyone who lives in my neck of the woods and can recommend places to check out, I'm just outside of New Orleans.

Thanks so much for your help.

Comments (37)