SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happs_gw

Eyeglass Frame Measurement

happs
9 years ago

or many years, I have worn single vision round eyeglasses that are 49-21-145 with a vertical of 37mm. I bought a pair of 51-18-140 with a vertical of 33mm square shaped eyeglasses that I didn't like, were too heavy, fell down from my nose and I could see the frame on the side and below, which was annoying. Learning from that experience, I have visited several frame shops locally and I can't seem to locate round lightweight frames with the exact same dimensions as the ones I have worn for many years. Might as well stay with what I know and like. Amazingly, I found a pair of frames on eBay that are the exact same brand, shape and color as my old pair of 49-21-145 V37, but with the dimensions of 49-20-140 and a vertical of 35. The only other difference is that the temple piece of the frames on eBay attach to the lens area midway down as opposed to closer to the top on my current ones. Any idea on how this will affect viewing and how the eyeglasses will rest on my face? Is a reduction in vertical from 37mm to 35mm significant? Is the reduction in temple size from 145mm to 140mm significant? I spend a lot of time in front of my computer and don't want frames to be a distraction. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Comments (5)