SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Do you wear progressive eyeglasses?

msrose
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I just got my first pair of eyeglasses at the age of 50. I had been wearing readers from Walmart, but then started noticing I was having problems with my distance vision and my computer monitor, so I went for an eye exam and got a pair of progressive eyeglass. I see fine at a distance with the glasses, but they don't work for my computer monitor or reading up close. When I went for my exam, they gave me the option of using this machine to measure my eye, so the prescription would be in the right place on the lense, but it costs extra. I chose not to use the machine, so the girl marked something on my lense. In order to see my computer screen, I have to lift the eyeglasses up quite a bit and there's only a tiny, tiny area that I can see my screen clearly through. I have an appointment to go back today. I'm wondering if they will try to get out of replacing them since I opted not to use their machine. My big concern is that there is such a small area that I could see my screen through. I'm not sure if they have two or three prescriptions, but it seems like it would need to be three (distance, monitor, up close reading). Does anyone else have progressive with three prescriptions? When you have that many prescriptions, is it hard to get the right one in the right place? I'm wondering if I should forget the once for distance since it's not that bad and just get the two prescriptions?

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County