SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Dilemma: what to spend on eyeglasses. Lots or less?

dedtired
7 years ago

So today I went to an optician who sells very fashionable eyeglass frames. The fellow there was extremely helpful in finding frames that might work for me. We narrowed it down to three. He really spent a lot of time helping me and wrote down the names of the frames I like.

So of course I came home and googled the frames just to have another look at them. Wow, they are a lot less expensive online. Like at least $100.

I've gotten lenses at Costco before and they were great. Lenses at Costco would cost another $100 less, maybe more.

I feel like a jerk to not buy the frames from the optician, which is a locally owned store, not a chain. I have no problem with stiffing chain stores.

So what to do? Buy from the optician for a total of about $625 or do the online/Costco thing for about $200 less. Then while I was at it I went over to Blue Mercury and spent $165 on eye makeup. Sigh.

Just for fun, here is one pair of frames I am considering. They are over $300 in the store. https://us.shadestation.com/prescription-glasses/oliver-peoples/Mareen/OV5341U-1571-47-1

Comments (32)