SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_kansas

High Index eyeglass lens question

jennifer_in_kansas
13 years ago

Killing time, I wandered into a high-end optical store. One of these places where Chanel is considered a mid-level frame.

When the sales person approached me I let him know that I was just admiring all the beautiful merchandise but not in a financial position to buy. I need a lot of correction (-7 contact lenses) and the frames need to be really inexpensive because the lenses usually cost a fortune.

Well, the sales person turned out to be the owner. He sympathized with me because he has the same problem. He offered to find me a discontinued frame and sell it to me at cost as long as I purchased the lenses from him. He said this would keep me under $500, which must be a really big stretch for this store by his tone. I wanted to say yes but then I realized they only used Varilux Physio 360 lenses. I tried to find out from the owner more about this product but it ended up feeling like a sales pitch.

Does anyone have experience with going from regular high index lenses to Varilux Physio 360's? The only thing I could find online is a possible distortion due to the curvature.

It's a great gesture but only if it works for me.

Jennifer

Comments (6)