SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside?

loger_gw
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Have you successful cut any “seasoned firewood” inside? If so how did you exhaust or control the dust? My (first/last) experience led to two dust plugged motors that failed the same week. Both motors showed the dust damage and I feel I received some also (that was not noticeable during the cutting). I specifically ordered a Gap Tooth Blade for my band saw for this operation. I had an exhaust fan on overhead, dust mask but eventually was diagnosed with blocked sinuses.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I specifically left this wood 24-36” long to save time cutting stacking during the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />North TX, Hot Summer. Since, cutting pallet planks (8” long, split as starter wood) and 4” and lower dia wood is with a “Chop-Saw (with a 10” Carbide Blade Outside). I am noticing chips vs dust but use a box fan if needed. I feel this is not as deadly with green or seasoned wood.

The disc sander’s motor (bottom left of pic) was killed along with the Band-Saw’s due to the disc sander being housed under the Band-saw. The Disc-Sander was used very minimally under the saw. It’s totally used under a small table on wheels outside when needed now. The open motors vs Farm (closed) Motors dominate my “Saved Motors”.

Comments (6)